Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2001 1:57:49 PM EDT
[url]http://www.dailybreeze.com/content/bln/nmsafeguns3.html[/url]
the link wont be up tomorrow so ill paste the article if need be

the antigun liberals wrote the law, and PRAISED ITS PASSAGE. now they are pissed off that cheap handguns are still passing the requirements. they are angry over the "loopholes" that THEY WROTE and need to spend another few million to write another law to close THEIR LOOPHOLES IN THEIR LAW. of course they blame others and not themselves.

is it just me ...or does everything a liberal touchs turn to shit ?
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
LAg2k,

Most laws are written by people possessing IQ's in the 130-136 range (yes, I'm being generous), and circumvented by individuals with IQs in excess of 140.  

Jim
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#3]
That was the point--to create more "loopholes" that need closing.  If their work was ever "finished" they'd have to go find a legitimate way to make a living.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 12:45:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Umm I was told that my IQ was 89. Is it like golf where the lower number is better?
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 12:57:24 AM EDT
[#5]
From the article:

[b]Additionally, the Brady Campaign wants the ability to recall firearms later found to have problems and it would like to see weapons tested with a standard, or recommended ammunition.[/b]

Pay close attention to the recall part!!  Same shit they did with the SKS sporter!!

I also noticed that the test included dropping 6 times on concrete with the hammer cocked.  Hell if a gun fails from that it isn't poor craftmanship, it's poor handling!!.  ASAP I am buying as many handguns as I can before this shit passes....then I am getting the hell out of this God forsaken liberal shithole.

sgtar15

PS Sorry for all the cursing but this crap makes me pissed!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:33:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Our superhero friends will protect our children from [b]The Ring of Fire[/b]!!!!!!! wha!wha!wha!  

The legislation that required the safety tests originally was aimed at the Ring of
Fire, firms such as Bryco Arms of Costa Mesa, Davis Industries of Chino and
Phoenix Arms of Ontario.
View Quote

Here's another link
[url]http://www.uniontrib.com/news/uniontrib/mon/news/news_1n3safeguns.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:53:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Every gun-related law the CA legislature is turning out has been written by people who don't know diddly squat about firearms.  AB15 was touted as imposing on domestic manufacturers the same standards (or maybe a bit stricter) that the federal government applies to imported handguns.

Sounds logical and reasonable on the surface, but they failed to consider whether or not there really was a problem in need of this solution.  A thoughtful legislator might have done a little research by buying some guns and testing them BEFORE submitting such a bill, but these people aren't running on logic.

Government needs to be held ACCOUNTABLE for restrictions on freedom.  How many lives were supposed to be saved by AB15?  Nobody knew.  Nobody in power asked the right questions.

Vote the idiots out of Excremento!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top