Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2001 5:07:27 PM EDT
Guys - just had an idea - an AR15.com 'inter-library loan' program.  I haven't put it up on the site suggestions board because I don't know if there'd even be any interest.  Here's the basic idea:  I'm sure most of us have bought gun related books, manuals, videos, magazines, etc. which may be of use to other members.  If you're interested, you'd list what you've got that you're willing to loan out to other members. The rule is simple; return what you borrowed in [i]exactly[/i] the same condition you got it along with a buck or two reimbursement for the guy that loaned it to you to cover his postage in sending it out.  No torn, creased, or dog-eared pages, no grape jelly stains on the cover, no handwritten notes on the cover because you couldn't find something else to take a phone message on. You return it just as you received it.   If you lose it, spill coffee on it, your kid makes confetti out of it, or your dog flops a dookie on it, you have to buy a new one for the guy who loaned it to you.  Basicly 'you break it, you bought it'.  You'd arrange with the owner an apropriate time frame for use and return of the materials.  It just seems to me this would be a good way to share useful materials and info between members.

Anyone interested?
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure, I'd be interested.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Neat Idea Shagster,
  Don't have much, but will try my best.

-Jared
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Shaggy you should ask one of the mods to pin this thread to the top for a few days, to see if it will drum up some interest.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I guess I'll get the ball rolling.  I got...

1. TM31-210 Improvised Munition Handbook
2. Owners Manual  MAC10-11, Ingram M-10
3. Twentieth Century Small Arms (McNab)
4. Illustrated Dictionary of 20th Century Guns(Miller)
5. The Gun Digest Book of Assault Weapons, 3rd Ed.,
6. The Complete Book of Combat Handgunning (C. Taylor)
7. A small stack of SOF from the 1980's
8. Dillon's Machine Gun Magic (VHS video)
9. and finally, a Knob Creek Machinegun Shoot video (VHS) from several years ago (gotta find that one, but I'm sure its around here somewhere)
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#6]
[blue][b]NOVEL idea!![/b][/blue]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Great idea.

BTT: pin this one up please mods.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#8]
btt...anyone?
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Count me in, I have a few, plus a fairly bad copy of an AR assembly tape.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I just re-upped my Handguns magazine sub for 5 years. I have a free shipping perk at work and I can get away with putting my copy out the back door once a month with no problem. Hey lets make it a package deal, I can throw in the American Rifleman also.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm interested in the Video Swap but because my tapes never come back, I'll loan out a good copy of any of my videos if others will loan me copies too.
I have:
Center X M1A/M14
Ultimate Sniper
Pro Sniper
Assualt Rifles and Machine Guns
Weapons of Desert Storm
M16 Rifle (US Army Film)
Bushmaster AR15 Armory
Jungle Warfare
Carlos Hathcock Marine Sniper
Red Cell, True Story
Service Rifle Competition Basics
and Rock N Roll 1, 2 and 3(3 has babes shooting machine guns)

Email me if interested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top