Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2001 10:01:09 AM EDT
This upper has a barrel with 310 stamped on it and it is a pre-ban with the whole bayonet lug in place and bird-cage flash hider.  This upper has an 'A' symbol on the carrying handle and the 'A' has a seperated triangle for the top section of the letter.  No other markings on the upper at all for ID.  Black finish on upper receiver.  Any assistance would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT/\
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a preban Oly. It has...
-16in BBL with .310 right in front of sight base.
-Cast front sight base.
-A1 upper (they offered both).
-Feed ramps hand massaged.
Does this sound like yours?
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a preban Oly. It has...
-16in BBL with .310 right in front of sight base.
-Cast front sight base.
-A1 upper (they offered both).
-Feed ramps hand massaged.
Does this sound like yours?
View Quote

I thank you profusely for your answer.  It sounds like you have something pretty close.  The 310 was just in front of where the barrel threads into the upper, not near the front site.  The carrying handle looks perfect everywhere but on the underside where it is VERY rough looking.  I didn't look at the feed ramp, so I will have to check it out tomorrow.  16" barrel.  Check your upper beside the rear site on the carrying handle there might be an "A" with a disconnected and solid triangle at the top.  If you have that inscription, you have the same upper.

One final question for ya...  Are Oly 7.62 uppers any good?  My brother took this thing on trade and it looks a little crude.  The finish looks like the same thing that Oly used a while back and it has the same barrel ID # but in a different place.  I would be willing to classify that as an OLY at this point.  I have heard good things about their uppers so far, but I think their 7.62's come with some disclaimer that 7.62 mags are crappy and probably won't work well.  Oly doesn't make the mags and therefore they refuse to accept returns for products that won't function as the problems may be mag-related only...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top