Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2006 11:27:31 AM EDT
Here's a little over a minute of footage from Miami Vice. It's the lead in and the first ten seconds or so of the big shootout at the end of the film.

VIDEO

It's the Hi-Res version, so low bandwith need not apply. The Lo-Res version is on the rotten tomatos website on the page with the Miami Vice review.
Link Posted: 7/31/2006 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#1]
i didnt like it.  il ike day shootouts better i can see mroe. this one was a bit ehhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 7/31/2006 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#2]
cool!

I'll still be waiting for DVD though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2006 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the quality of the photography in that scene was very sub-par. It had a "making-of" video look to it, and that detracted from the scene.
Link Posted: 7/31/2006 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing to wait for....this movie SUX I dont remember this show being a love story like the movie was. YAWN!! for sure!
Link Posted: 7/31/2006 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

i didnt like it.  il ike day shootouts better i can see mroe. this one was a bit ehhhhhhhh

You don't like realism?

Not all firefights are slow, clear and easy to see
Link Posted: 7/31/2006 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't like it either.

Collin Farrell (sp?) doesn't play a convincing tough guy and can't act. Fox's acting sucks following his success with Collateral and Ray.
SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

WTF happened to the sniper after the first few shoots?  
Link Posted: 7/31/2006 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Charles bronson did the same thing in death wish , with the hatian gangs :D
Link Posted: 7/31/2006 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I didn't like it either.

Collin Farrell (sp?) doesn't play a convincing tough guy and can't act. Fox's acting sucks following his success with Collateral and Ray.
SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

They went looking for pie
Link Posted: 7/31/2006 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I was wondering this too (you're talking about the ending shoot-out, right?).  They should've taken out at least half of the bad guys.
Link Posted: 7/31/2006 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

MIA.  

I guess they didn't want to make it too long distance for the filming.  Make it a "up close and personal" MG fight
Link Posted: 7/31/2006 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep Mr. Mann must have been off set when they filmed the last scene.

WTF was up with the chick trying to talk smack to the AB guy?  Most of the actors looked like the prop guy just handed them the gun for the first time.
Link Posted: 7/31/2006 12:07:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I was wondering this too (you're talking about the ending shoot-out, right?).  They should've taken out at least half of the bad guys.

Heat proves you dont need alot of people for a awesome shoot out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2006 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#13]
[commicbookguy]Lamest shootout ever![\commicbookguy]
Link Posted: 7/31/2006 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#14]
the audio of the gunshots sucks
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Okay the clip looked pretty cool and convinced me to go see it. Since there is a love story my wife might even go with me.

Let you know what I thought.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yeah, the quality of the photography in that scene was very sub-par. It had a "making-of" video look to it, and that detracted from the scene.

it wasn't shot on 35mm.  Mr Mann used HD video cameras with very little light on sets to try to make you feel like you were really there.  I personally HATED the video noise and boosted gain needed to make a picture register on a CCD chip.  
Then the theatre I saw it in was having problems with their DLP projector... looked like "analog" transmitted video.  Horrible delivery.

Movie was OK.  Delivery sucked
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#17]
The worst part of the whole movie: Colin Farrell's "Billy the Kid" moustache. What. The. Fuck.

It had guns, chicks, cars, boats, shit blowing up.. well worth matinee price.
Link Posted: 8/27/2006 6:42:04 AM EDT
[#18]
short enough
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top