Anybody have experience with them?
Good or bad?
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 4:23:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Good or bad?
View Quote

My only shooting experience was one of Garryowens "Loaner" Cav's at a get together Shoot in the AZ desert a couple of months ago.

The only problem I experienced was failure to feed S.A. ammo.

I'm purchasing one for my dad to present him on his 71st b-day in Nov.

I hope my last sentence express's my appreciation and willingness and hope to alleviate any concerns on your part!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:41:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Absolutely [b]LOVE[/b] mine.

So far I have found 3 brands of Factory ammo that will shoot under an inch at 200 yards.
Garryowen(Shawn) is very helpfull and doesn't mind answering a few questions.

The Cavarms Lowers come with a Lifetime Guarantee.
I Got 1 of the LEGP Cav15's and Shawn built the Upper for me as well.
He also just Upgraded my Lower to the Latest generation. Which has a pebbled feel to the surface.

They have been through extensive durability testing as well as some Home Modifications by some of the folks who have them.
I like mine the way it is.
With a 24" tube and rear weight it balances perfectly just in front of the Flared Magwell.

I am extremely Pleased and would recomend them to anyone looking to buy a Quality Rifle,
from someone who will give them quality
Customer Service.

Take a look.

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/011/gr/Cp/yX/yz27698.jpg[/img]

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/011/gr/Cp/yX/xr58552.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:21:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good or bad?
View Quote

I have 2. They are a very fine product. I wouldn't hesitate to get one. I want another to modify. Mine are early consecutive SN's so I don't want to goof them up. I would like to put a DPMS skeletonized stock on one.
Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top