Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2001 11:34:39 PM EDT
I'm looking for a shooting acadamy like Gunsite, or Thunder Ranch, but located on the East Coast. There is one in NC where I live, but I don't remember the name of it. But If any one knows of ayn in the lower eastern part of the US, I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 11:44:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't vouch for these guys personally, but look here:[url]http://www.comtac.com/[/url]. You might also check out Lethal Force Institute, thats Ayoob's school, they do some traveling classes I believe.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:22:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Isn't that illegal? You know.... "shooting schools".

Sorry I'm in a smart ass mode.
R35
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Rescue35, you beat me to it man!
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 11:46:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Blackwater Training Center (blackwaterlodge.com) is in NC.  I don’t know if its open to the public.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 4:27:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I took Ayoob's LFI-1 course from him in '85, in Miami. Best firearm-related $500 I ever spent.
Back then Mas taught the class himself, with a lawyer involved in some major shooting cases as one guest and Rich Davis(from 2nd Chance vests)as a hilarious, and instructive, guest speaker,also.  12 hours of 40 on the range
Very, very practical advice for self defence...
before, during, and after a shooting.
There may be better "skills" courses, but this is got to be the best place to start OR go back to if you need a grounding in the practical or legal aspects.  Stay Safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top