Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2001 5:33:44 PM EDT
i am most impressed with my hs2000. the quality is absolutely first rate. the ergonomics are superb, as is reliability. and the price is ultra cheap for a pistol as good as this.(under 300}.
willy
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell ya what talk me into buying one. What mags fit it? I've heard S+W mags can be made to fit. Warning before you try to talk me into getting one...I don't like Glocks! :)
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Tell ya what talk me into buying one. What mags fit it? I've heard S+W mags can be made to fit. Warning before you try to talk me into getting one...I don't like Glocks! :)
View Quote

Those Beretta mags should fit according to a recent article on the gun
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one. Its real easy to make the Beretta/Taurus mags work in the HS. It holds the mags on the front of the mag instead of the sides. Also the slide stop functions the same. Per atf rules this is legal since the mag will still function in its original weapon. I'm not sure about the S&W mags since I don't any of those.
As far as the HS its a super firearm for the money....100% function so far with various ammo. I hear they are making a .40 and should be out by now.

Rick
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Check out [url]www.hs2000talk.com[/url] for more information on which specific magazines fit the hs2000.

I don't really like glocks that much either - don't really fit that well in my hand. The HS2000, OTOH, fits like a glove.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I will heartily second the HS2000.   I also didn't care for Glocks too much.  Mainly because I didn't like the idea of no manual safety.  I read about the HS2000, which is basically set up like a Glock with a 1911-style grip safety.  I decided that that extra safety might be enough to get me interested--that it might make a good transition to glock-like pistols.

After buying one, I am no longer interested in Glocks.  The HS2000 works much better for me, and it has a much better trigger.  Not quite as accurate as a good Sig, but JUST below.  Definatley *WELL* worth the money.  It's my favorite pistol to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Without a doubt, the HS2000 is one of the best buys on the market.

I will take an HS2000 over a Glock any day of the week.  The only thing that Glock offers are different sizes and calibers...
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i am most impressed with my hs2000. the quality is absolutely first rate. the ergonomics are superb, as is reliability. and the price is ultra cheap for a pistol as good as this.(under 300}.
willy
View Quote

I was impressed with the cost of ammo on the two occasions that I shot one. The weapon is so sweet, owners can't resist letting friends shoot theirs. Anyone who does not jump on one of these probably thinks Red Blobster is a sea food joint.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Time for the Jew's shameless plug on the quality of the HS2000.

1.) I only own one pistol, and when I bought it I decided to budget no more than $400 towards it.  Out of the used Glocks, sturdy CZ75's, and the TZ99 (although this was a close one), I made a wise choice with my HS2000 3rd Gen.

2.) This thing is nothing like a Glock.  The grip doesn't seem as "fat", so you have a much more natural feel on the functions of the pistol.  Some "Glock" improvements are as follows:

- Beavertail safety for a more safe-loaded condition, along with all of the other internal and trigger safety's that the Glock has.
- Easier functioning mag release, that is ambidextrous (which I actually use my middle-finger on to drop the mag from the other side)
- Larger slide catch with more deeply cut grooves than the Glock, which makes it [b]much[/b] easier to release with your thumb
- The standard 3-dot sights, to me, seem more accurate to me than the Glock's box-like rear aperture.  Speaking of which, I shot 90% on my 20 yard steel targets this weekend - I accredit towards the superior ironsights [:)]
- Softer, lighter, and more consistent trigger pull than the Glock

3.) Magazines are a cinch.  15rd S&W's are $15 online ([url]www.cdnninvestments[/url]), and take about 15min. each to convert with a drill bit and an Exacto knife.  Mine have functioned [i]flawlessly[/i], so much that I keep a loaded one inside my HS during carry.

The only concern with the gun is the type of acceptable ammo.  The "Wally-World" special, Winchester White-Box, has a history of feed problems.  After 200 rounds, my WW's finally caught up with me when it tried to load two this past weekend.  Other than that, this gun far exceeds any expectations you will have of it.  Even price aside, this prize pistol will find its way as one of the favorites of your collection because of its remarkable features.  This is the only gun I've ever felt that I can't off the top of my head think of a single thing I'd change about it.

Have fun!
[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/new jew.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#12]
the.45 is supposed to be out next year. The 40 should be coming out soon, and I believe you should be able to do the .357 sig barrel swap thing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Where can I get one? Everybody is out and they want over $300 on gunbroker.com
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I second everything Jewbroni said.  That about sums it up perfectly.  I had forgotten how much I hated the slide release on my friend's Glock.  I guess you can get used to it, but I'd rather not have to develop a callous on my thumb just to release the slide without rubbing my thumb raw.  The Beretta 92 has my favorite slide release, but the HS2000's is pretty good too.

Another good feature is that you can instantly tell when the gun is empty without shifting from your shooting stance by looking at the hammer indicator on the rear of the slide.  On most autos, you can't tell the slide has locked back until you twist the gun to look at it sideways.

Retrodog:  I hear ya.  I had to pay $320 for mine, but it was still worth it.  IM Metals in Croatia seems to be temporarily unable to fill the demand for their wondergun.  I've heard that they are focusing on commitments in Europe right now, and that the US importer (Intrac) is temporarily out or almost out of product.  High demand for the 9mm seems to be pushing back introduction of other calibers.  I know that as soon as they are available I will be getting another one in a different caliber.  The question is whether to get .40, .357 sig, or .45!  I want them all!!!  [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top