Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2001 5:15:28 PM EDT
i think my hicap 30 rdr for my 10/22 broke. it wont lock in, i was putting a GAT on it, and i put the mag in for the full effect. it slides in and out with ease. i wont lock and obviously wont function. if its broke im gonna shit myself. thats gonna cost me a shitload to replace. i dont know if the factory mags are work, i will have to check on that. i am also gonna put the mag in a friends gun tomarow. any insight into this would be good. and one last thing. pray for me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's a plastic Ramline or similar 30rdr, I can relate with you there.  Those things are pretty crappy- mine is great for the short term, but I know that it won't last very long.  The plastic lips broke on my buddy's mag, and the company replaced it with a ten rounder!!! Talk about bullshit!
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Pray something special will happen come September 2004.

Link Posted: 9/1/2001 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Matt don't throw it out. Probably goona cost you money anyway but a company makes aluminum replacement bodies for pre-ban ruger 10-22 mags. All you need it the preban spring and follower.

If it is broken let me know and I will find you the contact information.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#5]
David- please let me know who replaces these things- I'm not about to trade it in for a 10 rounder!
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
If it's the locking nib on the back that has broken, you might be able to fabricate a new locking nib using about 2mm of coat hanger wire crazy-glued in place.  I had a Ram-Line with that problem given to me over a decade ago - it still works flawlessly today, cheesy coathanger piece and all.

I'd be interested in those replacement aluminum hicap 10/22 mag bodies too...
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#7]
e8ght, that is exactally what happened. its a ram line. it pretty old and has hung in their pretty good all things considered.

[b]DAVID_HINELINE, i would LOVE to replace the mag body[b], even if it is moderatly pricey, i would still be into it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey David,
 A few of us on this post would really appreciate that info about the new mag bodies...how bout it?
-Rich
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#9]
yeah really i got a almost busted ramline
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#10]
BTTT
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm assuming this is the info David Hineline was refering to:

[url]www.atocha1622.com/mmag.htm[/url]

I found this url a long time ago, and saved it. I haven't dealt with this company, and don't really know anything about them, but I've got a couple of busted HiCaps myself that I'd like to repair someday. This option may be pricey, but it seems like it may an answer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#12]
well, that is more than buying another pre ban mag.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#13]
No one ever regrets buying quality product. Of course you other option is to buy another Ramline 50-rnd mag and be back on the busted mag situation in another year.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top