Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2001 10:38:42 AM EDT
went to the gun show in Clarence NY
it was ok, not as good as some I've heard about.
there were of course the idiots that seem to be at all NY gun shows selling more non-gun stuff (junk) than gun related at their table. And of course the beef jerky people. Found one table with AR15 magazines for $15. I figured they were USA or something, but looked at the floor plate anyway. Turns out they were all USGI of various manufacture, I remember seeing a few parsons and Okays. The finish was in great shape.
Also saw a guy selling a shotgun with a folding stock that folded up over the top and was clearly marked "for law enforcement only" on the side of the stock. Some how I doubt he cared who he was selling to, I just got that feeling so I avoided his table.
Ended up getting a "battlepack" of south african ammo, and some stripper clips and guides, as well as 2 of the USGI mags, a parsons and an okay
Best part was getting some flyers for upcoming shows, mostly in Ohio. I overheard some guy in line saying the Ohio shows don't have any people selling non-gun related stuff, like beef jerky.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I overheard some guy in line saying the Ohio shows don't have any people selling non-gun related stuff, like beef jerky.
View Quote

I wouldn't believe that for a second!  [:|]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#2]
A gun show without Beef Jerky is like a ball game without a hot dog. Or a movie without popcorn.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Also saw a guy selling a shotgun with a folding stock that folded up over the top and was clearly marked "for law enforcement only" on the side of the stock. Some how I doubt he cared who he was selling to, I just got that feeling so I avoided his table.
View Quote

Was it on a Remington pump shotgun? Remington marked their stocks "LE Only". It means nothing. They could have marked them "restricted to rabbits"[:D]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#4]
it might have been a remington.
thinking on it now I feel kind of dumb, if the gun itself was pre-ban it wouldn't matter would it?

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Was it on a Remington pump shotgun? Remington marked their stocks "LE Only". It means nothing. They could have marked them "restricted to rabbits"[:D]
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Gun shows around here are generally a waste of time...........[:)]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]
So true, Black Guns, so true!
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought you could put a folding stock on a post-ban, as long as the gun is not a semi-auto?

Pump shotgun should be fine...
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#8]
If the shotgun was a pump action, you can put whatever the hell you want on it as they are not covered by the "assault weapon" ban.

Was there a kettle corn booth there?
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't remember, I didn't pay much attention to tables without guns/magazines/ammo
But I did see the jerky table, over in the coner

Quoted:
If the shotgun was a pump action, you can put whatever the hell you want on it as they are not covered by the "assault weapon" ban.

Was there a kettle corn booth there?
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top