Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2001 12:18:10 PM EDT
What is the difference between some preban ar15's that have the bayonnet lug and flash
suppressor as opposed to the ones that only
have a flash suppressor, no bayonnet lug?
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What is the difference between some preban ar15's that have the bayonnet lug and flash
View Quote

some preban ar15's have the bayonnet lug and flash suppressor, some have a flash suppressor & no bayonnet lug
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

The difference is "Political Correctness"
Colt did this to make thier rifles less evil and more politically correct.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 4:55:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. I recently purchased a
preban AR15 - my first one. It has a flash
suppressor, step barrell, but no bayonet lug.
I really love it. My collection mainly exists
of preban HK rifles/pistole. It is a pleasure
to put this one in the collection.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 5:00:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. I recently purchased a
preban AR15 - my first one. It has a flash
suppressor, step barrell, but no bayonet lug.
I really love it. My collection mainly exists
of preban HK rifles/pistole. It is a pleasure
to put this one in the collection.
View Quote

How dare you have a collection of pre-ban HKs and NOT post pictures! C'mon now! Get with the program!
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 5:04:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I am a dummy:/
I will capture some frames to post-
ok
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 5:09:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am a dummy:/
I will capture some frames to post-
ok
View Quote

There you go. That's what we like to hear.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 5:49:47 AM EDT
[#8]
The BIG difference between pre- and post-ban is you can change anything you want on the pre-ban. The bayo lug is cosmetic. If you have a pre-ban without a bayo lug you can still add a 4-position stock, for example, and still be legal. However, I wouldn't do this until I had checked the serial # and confirmed that it was in fact a pre-ban rifle.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:41:07 AM EDT
[#9]
pre 1989 had bayo lugs and ak's had pistol grip.
1989-1994 no pistol grip on chinese ak's, had thumbhole stock(MAK-90); ar's etc without bayo lug but could add later. After 1994 even less features. After next ban: probably no barrel. Who knows. I'm not a lawyer but that's my understanding. 1989 ban was signed by George Bush. Initially, it stopped sale of all AW's for about 6 months, and then was lifted when it did not decrease crime. Bayo lug restriction remained due to large number of civilians bayonetted every year(sarcasm).
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:48:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
pre 1989 had bayo lugs and ak's had pistol grip.
1989-1994 no pistol grip on chinese ak's, had thumbhole stock(MAK-90); ar's etc without bayo lug but could add later. After 1994 even less features. After next ban: probably no barrel. Who knows. I'm not a lawyer but that's my understanding. 1989 ban was signed by George Bush. Initially, it stopped sale of all AW's for about 6 months, and then was lifted when it did not decrease crime. Bayo lug restriction remained due to large number of civilians bayonetted every year(sarcasm).
View Quote

sorry, but no ban on AR bayo lugs in 1989 (domestic).  It was a ban to restrict certain configurations on imports only.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top