Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2001 9:06:21 AM EDT
ok when I release the slide the hammer falls and the safety moves to the on . any help????????????
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#1]
what no help
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#2]
When you release the safety, to fire, does it cock the hammer?                                If the Hi-P has a Cylinder & Slide SDFF{?} it acts like that, I think.  They made a mod. for the Browning that dropped the hammer to a half cock type position then lowering the safety to Fire, it would recock the hammer.  They have a web site but I forget,Duh!
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#3]
This seems like a very curious problem, considering that in a properly working BHP, the slide release is isolated by at least 0.300" from any portion of the trigger mechanism.  

In addition there is no way I can apply the safety when the hammer is down, and the hammer is isolated from any portion of the slide release by 1.25"

This IS a single action BHP right and not a BDM or some kind of DA auto? ;)

If it's a BHP single action, it is exhibiting these problems, and you cannot troubleshoot the causes of said problems, I would send it to a reputable gunsmith.  The Action Works in Arizona has an excellent reputation.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 10:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks,its just a sa action.
when I release the slide by hand the safety engages.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds odd to me too.

Try over at:[url]www.fnhipower.com[/url].
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 3:04:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like you have the C&S single-action decocking safety modification.  

If you flip the safety off, does the hammer go to full-cock?  If it does, then you have the mod.

"Do what you will,
just leave me the hell out of it."
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 3:16:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 3:37:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Mate i work on BHPs almost daily, you gotta be more descriptive on the fault.
Are you saying when the slide goes forward, and the hammer falls the safety goes to 'on'?
get back to us.

Is your BHP a Inglis, an FN, or a FEG copy or what? Single action? get back to us with more info.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 4:46:11 AM EDT
[#9]
[url]http://www.cylinder-slide.com/SFS.htm[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top