Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2001 6:00:25 AM EDT
On ESPN now, the supposedly 12 year old pitcher, Danny Almonte, for the the NYC team (you know, the American team that can't speak English) is really 14 years old, is in the country illegally, and has never been to school in NYC, his alleged residence, in the 18 months he is supposed to have been in the U.S.

Don't you just love it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 6:03:27 AM EDT
[#1]
No surprise since he was picthing 15 to 20mph faster than the other kids.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 6:15:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Naw!...It was a 24 years old midget!
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 6:49:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Who cares? It is a kids game, kids cheat.  Get over it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe I don't want to get over it!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 6:58:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

And cheating kids grow up into cheating adults.  As a result, you have the situation we "enjoy" now.

Stay tuned, even better is enroute!
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 7:15:00 AM EDT
[#6]
This is all too much fun.  Adults getting worked up over a kids game.  These are the kinds of adults that scream at the opposite side during little leauge games and who attack other players.

Amusing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 8:09:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Who cares? It is a kids game, kids cheat. Get over it.
View Quote

Somehow I doubt that it was a bunch of kids who decided to import a team from the Dominican Republic.  

Then again, it's much easier to go through life with a "So what? Everybody cheats" attitude than to take a stand against the corruption of our society.  Just let it slide... and don't worry about a dead intern or a rigged election here or there.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#8]
LMFAOAROTFG.

Yeah, just what you said.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#9]
This reminds me of adam sandler playing dodge ball against a group of 4th graders in 'billy madison'.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, and just imagine the pain and misery going on around the world and who knows how many people are going to work themselves into a self-riteous-snit over this.  It is actually quite funny.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Liberals are going to take your guns, get over it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#12]
And the sound of the battle rang
Through the streets of the old east side
'Til the last of the hoodlum gang liberals
Had surrendered up or died
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, and just imagine the pain and misery going on around the world and who knows how many people are going to work themselves into a self-riteous-snit over this.
View Quote

Hint: a lot of that pain and misery results from people sharing your indifference to corruption.  Have you ever wondered why there isn't much economic growth in countries where the rule of law doesn't prevail?  Oh, of course not, you're too busy laughing...  
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Yup, and it is hard to do two things at once.

This corruption should be investigated to the depths of it's utter depravity, the guilty parties should be found and exterminated, along with their families.

This is a very serious matter!
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#15]
You guys missed the best part !

Those idiot kids refused to carry the AMERICAN FLAG!  They carried Dominican Republic flags until a recent uproar.  (they now carry our flag)
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Helio. I'm not sure if your posts are in jest or you have a twisted prespective on things.

Where I live and the people I associate with believe in honesty, integrity and trust. Without that foundation, I would not survive in business very long and I would be a social pariah.

I hope this kid gets his ass handed to him.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 12:10:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't follow baseball, I find it boring even when it is done well.

But I do appreciate the irony of this whole situation, and find it amusing.

I love the tid-bit about how the little league accepted a handwritten birth certificate made by the father.

Also the fact that the kid has not gone to school for 18 months, WTF are the truant officers doing?

All in all it is great entertainment and I appreciate them doing it just for my benefit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Been in little league since 1980, can tell you that it happens a lot....in this case, someone had a plan, well ahead of time....we teach our kids early don`t we?....not EVERYBODY cheats.....glad they were exposed.....[grenade]
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#20]
This is what happens when something that was created as something fun for kids to do gets corrupted by people only interested in making money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top