Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2001 1:11:49 AM EDT
[b]The sale for the LEGP AR-15 Rifle ends today![/b]
For those that haven't yet bought one let me tell you about mine. If you don't want to hear about mine at least read the economics section below).
I knew there was no doubt that I would be buying one right from the start. It is a totally awesome looking rifle. The best example of a Post Ban M4gery available from a major manufacturer. A real Colt M4 Upper sells for as much or even more than this whole rifle and all it gives you that this doesn't is feed ramps. You could buy this for $660 and sell off the complete lower for $250 and you have an M4 upper for $410. You guys in California read that!
My rifle was in either the second or third batch of rifles to arrive and it is definitely a high quality rifle. The fit and finnish of the upper and lower receivers is great. There are no tooling marks and the upper/lower finish matches perfectly (can't say the same for the Colt brand AR's I've bought at much higher prices). All the parts are flawlessly fit and function perfectly.
The Star Safety Lever is definitely a nice touch, definitely an improvement over the standard one, I can't believe more manufacturers don't offer it. It also comes with a Hogue Grip (I would have to guess that at least 60-70% of AR-15 owners replace thier factory grips with a Hogue)
I ordered a Tactical Carry Handle with mine and am glad I did. In my opinion the Tactical Carry Handle should replace the standard AR-15 carry handle on all rifles. Also got the OKO Reflex Sight. It makes shooting the rifle a no thought proposition. Just point the little red dot and pull the trigger. Shooting at an indoor range at 25 yards it was real easy to quickly put 15 rounds into a 2" circle. If I had slowed down a bit and been more careful it would have been easily to cut that group in half.

[b]Economics Section[/b]
[b]Why should you buy this rifle now?[/b]
At $660 this rifle is a bargain!
Even if you decide to sell it later I think you could easily get back your entire $660 because the rifle will no longer be sold at this price. What other post ban AR-15 rifle could you not loose money on? None.
If you bought any other rifle from any other manufacturer right now and decided to sell it later you would definitely be losing some money (unless you found someone who just didn't know what AR-15's sell for). Check the Equipment Exchange, brand new rifles with less than 100 rounds fired through them selling for $75- $100 under original price.

I just wanted to add my personal Thanks to Grin&Barrett and antiUSSA for making this whole purchase work. I've spoken with both of you on the phone and through email and couldn't have been more pleased with the products and service I've gotten. When the mother ship arrives to take me back to my home planet and destroy the Earth both your lives will be spared.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:26:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
You guys in California read that!
View Quote

[>(]

Don't rub it in... [:(]
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 4:09:06 AM EDT
[#2]
^ BTT ^
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 4:47:37 AM EDT
[#3]
A visual reminder -

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Kevin/DCP00653b.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Getting down to the wire!
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#5]
[%(]

[b]"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE..."[/b] Last Chance , and this is it. (at this price , that is.)
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#6]
[red]B[/RED][BLUE]T[/BLUE]T
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the help guys. It's been fun. Now on to 2002!

Going to test some possible options at Buffalo range this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#9]
More likey Uzi mags

Link Posted: 8/31/2001 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Alright, you talked me into it.  I'll take two please.

Can you ship to Kalif?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top