Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2001 7:03:04 PM EDT
Jamie Elvidge, Editor for this magazine wrote. " Ah, chicks and guns.  Yes, it's sad that motorcycles are so often linked to cheap sex and firearms, alcohol and general evil too.  The truth is, all of us a Motorcycle Cruiser despise guns, and we loathe feminine exploitation too."  . . .

I canceled my subscription today.  Send her an e mail and let her know what you think. Too bad she doesnt know if it weren't for guns, she would be writing in the National Gestapo News along the Nazi party line right now, instead of a motorcycle magazine.

Her email address is  [email protected].
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe she just hasn't come outta the closet yet.hehehehe, Yeah, she likes women, she likes them a lot. Doesn't like to exploit them??? Hell she probably exploits them every night.

But seriously,,, ah hell what was the point???

Oh wait, I know, this is the problem you have when you put a woman in charge of something that is so macho oriented. Who's the idiot who did that. If that's the case then yes, they do suck!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty damm funny subject.

Yes, she must have been good friends with Goebbels in a past life.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget that Motorcycle Cruiser Magazine is part of the now defunct Peterson Publishing Company. They also put out quite a few gun magazines here in the US of A.
EMAP is a British owned magazine corporation.
So go figure, anti-gun statements in a British owned mag here in the states.
Screw them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, Well I wasn't able to e-mail in my response, kept getting something back about nonexistant e-mail address. so I faxed them.  It really pisses me off when some bone head thinks guns are bad, and they feed that garbage to the rest of the bone heads who, agree just cause they are to stupid to investigate and form their own opinion.  The world is going to hell in a hand basket, we will all be there, but some of us will resist a little longer.  lets face it there has been to much stem cell research on a number of people if you know what I mean.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Wish I had known this, I just bought a subscription from my nephew who was selling magazines. I use to get this mag when it first started, it is a sister publication of "Motorcyclist" which is the best motorcycle magazine as they dare stand up to the environmentalist whackos and liberals in general. I cant believe that "Jamie Elvige" is now the editor, wonder who she layed with to get that job? In the first few issues she was riding 250cc bikes for Christ's sake.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I was just got a new copy. I did like that magazine....no subscription now. I will email here and let her know why. Also let her advertisers and publisher know. When  their anti gun BS gets in the way of their paycheck, see how they run!
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I was just at te EmapUSA website, it was not working right. But lo and behold, Guns&Ammo, Handguns, Fourwheeler, Huntin, Etc. are published by them. We need to email Fred Koplin and tell him about her. She trashed FHM (loose siste) and called guns scum, ergo she is not a loyal company player.
Can you say BOYCOTT of their publications until she is gone?
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I found this on the www.amasuperbike.com website:

July 27 01
NY Times: TPG Bidding on Emap/Petersen
by dean adams
According to a report in Friday's New York Times, there are four bidders for the Emap (US) publishing empire. They are Primedia, AOL, American Media and Texas Pacific Group (TPG).

According to the report, Emap will sell the US-based magazines for $550 million (this after buying that and more for 1.5 billion in 1998).

Emap is the parent company of Motorcyclist, Sport Rider, Dirt Rider and a host of other magazines.

Texas Pacific Group owns Ducati.

ENDS

Link Posted: 8/31/2001 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Good, bad, indifferent, I guess you can send your complaints to Primedia.
[url]http://primedia.com[/url]

From Emap
[url]http://www.emap.com/html/2_04.cfm?id=45420[/url]

Emap concludes US disposal

Emap plc (“Emap”) announces the completion on 24 August 2001 of the sale of its US business, excluding the US edition of FHM, to Primedia Inc for US$ 515m (excluding working capital compensation).

The sale was announced previously on 4 July 2001.

Link Posted: 9/4/2001 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 4:34:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:01:08 AM EDT
[#13]
LOL I just posted my email, which is the same.....she must have been blasted. Well she took notice. I always liked that mag, nothing to do with a tall woman in leather, really
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top