For all you macho guys who say...

"Cat, the other white meat"

Well it is time to put up and shut up.

Goto:
[url]www.stileproject.com/kitty.html[/url]
and watch the video.

[size=5][b][center][red]Graphic video!!![/red][/center][/b][/size=5]

You have been warned.

Oh, please report how bad it is. I love cats and can't even think of watching this. Besides I still have nightmares about the soldier beheading video (shiver).
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 cats and I can't bring myself to watch it either.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't really like hurting animals, but I find it fun to hurt people... especially when they deserve it!
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I kill deer, rabbit, quail, dove and other animals and eat them, whats the big deal, I'm sure others take offense to us eating beef, pork and chicken.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't really like hurting animals, but I find it fun to hurt people... especially when they deserve it!
View Quote

Join PETA.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There's a difference in hurting the for fun and hurting them for food.  If you hurt animal's for fun, I'd say you do it to feel superior to something for once in your life.  I'd have no qualms with hurting a sick son of a bitch like that.

brouhaha
Department of the Redundancy Department
View Quote

Same way I feel.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#8]
it wasn't bad at all. that was a normal video on how they make chinese food here in NY
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I chickened out. I watched the beheading thing and regretted it, and after reading the site feedback re the video, I couldn't bring myself to click it.

But I want to know how y'all liked it! [:D]

Maybe McUzi will watch it and give us a review. C'mon Mac! Is it that bad? I'm skeered...
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Those 2 Baylor baseball players that shot, skinned, and beheaded the poor defenseless cat (named Queso) should be sentenced to be shot, skinned, and beheaded.   They got away scot free because they were baseball players.  I have no respect for Baylor anymore.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#12]
That was not bad at all. I would be willing to bet that the site admini's wrote that "feedback" about the video.

RAINBOW WARRIOR
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Right. Two posts and a bunny-hugger handle - I'm supposed to believe you?

Now where did I stash my limpet mines? [:D]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, understand, I am NOT a PETA person. I love meat, have done some small animal hunting, skinning, cooking.

Have actually witnessed a dog being prepared in China town, and actually ate it. Not bad, not great, didn't taste like chicken, kind of beefy.

But, for me personally, I enjoy cats. I have lived with them all my life. So I can't watch. Just as others can't watch a dog being prepared. I expect the dog lovers out there to flame me to hell for eating the dog.

I posted this as an oportunity for the cat haters to have something to call their own.

BTW, I started to watch, but had to close the window after the first cut. But it looked like a normal way to dispatch and prep a meal.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Shit guys, they just chopped the cats head off to some cool music then proceeded to de-fur it and cook it.  Then they turned it inside out and removed the guts and fried them with some vegetables.  It wasn't cruel, they were eating it.  2 thumbs up.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Although many would find that video cruel, inhumane and disgusting, I am not one of those.

An animal died that was to be eaten.  Where do you think what Americans define as "food" comes from?

Ever been to a slaughter house?

Ever been to a chicken farm/slaughterhouse?

Ever been to a dairy?

It just so happens that different cultures consume different food items.  

To argue, and say that those who agree or are indifferent with the act shown in this video are cruel and heartless........ or to say that those who disagree with this videos representation of life outside the four walls most Americans live within are wimpy girly-men is totally absurd.

Personally I have eaten about everything that moves and given the chance I'd dine on a little puss............I mean...uh kitty... myself.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 11:20:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I once heard a coworker say, "The only time a real man says, 'here kitty, kitty,' is while he's reloading."

Post #250.  I thought I should make it something stupid and meaningless.z
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#19]
[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/037/ve/Mm/Tt/OQ86576.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 11:45:40 PM EDT
[#20]
And here I thought this was another feral cats thread...

...silly me
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 11:54:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Anybody know what they taste like? I'm sure they taste better than chicken.[:x*]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Humane is bringing an [b]adult[/b] cow to special room, putting a cover over it's head and shooting it through the head with a pneumatic bolt.

::snap!:: It's over. Cow says "moo?" and it's lights out.

Inhumane is thunking a small baby kitten in the head two times to numb it and then chopping it's head off.

What bothers me is the face on the kitten. It shrikes in pain as it's being slammed in the head and face.

I would like to find this piece of shit bum on the street and pound his fucking face in with the heel of my jump boot.

And no, I do not eat veil.

I have been to a slaughter house, I am Portuguese and many of my fathers Portuguese friends owned dairies. I have seen it done at a very young age. It is hard to watch, but it has to be done. What this piece of shit low life did in the video was very wrong. Only peasants eat small animals, and only a piece of shit would torture a small defenseless animal before consuming it.

Where was the respect it deserved? A smash in the face?

This is why I won't hunt deer. There is no guarantee I will hit the deer square in the head and it will plop on the ground. How the fuck can a hunter shooting a beautiful deer and watch it hobble away and the lay on the ground kicking in pain? Not me...

Not to say hunting is wrong, at least the deer had somewhat of a chance, and they usually live a nice life running around in a forest. I support hunters 100%, just me personally can't bring myself to do it.

I just believe if an animal is going to die, we humans have evolved enough to at least not put the poor thing through any pain, AND at least let it live a life, not killing it as a baby to get "better meat". Tribes in Africa first shot the adult animal they are going to kill with a tranquilizer that they make on the end of a tiny arrow, then slaughter it. And they only kill adult animals and share the meat with the whole tribe.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:30:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Having been in situations that have made me eat just about anything that walks, cralws, creeps, swims, or flies:

Just got done watching the vide, and I have difficulty seeing what all the shouting is about.  Of course, I am a hunter, and have eaten dog, cat, monkey, most snakes, rats, grubs, horses, squirrels, possum, rabbit, and the like, so maybe I'm a little jaded...

I'll have to watch the video again with the audio track on (wife's snoozing, and I'm in the same room) - but I think the facial expression may have been simple shock at being struck, and the second shot for "insurance."  Anyone who knows anything about killing animals for food knows that you want the quickest, cleanest kill possible (most of my hunting shots are taken at 20 yards or less...) in order to get meat that is easier to eat.  In a situation like you see in the video, you simply want to apply a little more force than necessary to do the job right away (although I would likely go for straight-out beheading in this instance, if I had to do it.)

The principal problem I see here is one of accustomization.  Americans, as a whole, are not used to the idea of having to actually eat animals that are considered "household pets."  That does not make it right or wrong, the fact of it simply is.  We (and I am speaking empirically here, I know there are exceptions) are unable to comprehend the need that would drive one among us to such 'extremes' of obtaining sustenance, and are therefore highly judgemental of those who would do such a thing.

I neither condemn or condone the act of eating pets, it just is.  In a pinch, I woul likely do it again - I WILL SURVIVE.  I have before, and I see no reason to give up just now.

From a review of technique, I do not completely approve of the method use to kill - but it may have been necessary under the circumstances.  Either this individual did not have any sort of firearm, or was in an area where they should nt be heard (or simply could not be legally had.)  Still, I would have gone for decapitation in one quick, clean shot - will also sever the major vessels supplying the cranium and provide for easy bleeding of the carcass.

Problem?  No, I don't have a problem with it.  Before anyone call "Racial Bias!" - I am caucasian, born and raised on a farm in Indiana, and I am perfectly used to having to slaughter cows, pigs, and chickens - as well as the though that my luch (or dinner) was the same little SOB I was chasing around the back yard about 30 minutes ago.  Y'ask me, that made it all the more satisfying to eat - even considering all the ther work I had had to do during the day...

FFZ
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 3:34:33 AM EDT
[#24]
I have done a lot of traveling around the world, and onething Americans do't realize is that house pets here are food stock in other lands.

We took our daughter thru South America and she was shocked after a few days of eating "chicken" to find out that it really was "guiene pig".  They raise them just like chicken in Ecuador (and the surrounding nations), keeping them in boxs in the kitchen, allowing guests to pick out their favorites for dinner (much like you would do with lobster).

Nope, meat is meat.  It all tastes good.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 7:22:00 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't see the big deal about it. Probably was made by PETA to scare the weak sisters though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 7:22:28 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't see the big deal about it. Probably was made by PETA to scare the weak sisters.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I have no desire to watch the video, but do have some comments.

What's the difference between killing a cat and shooting a prairie dog?  Many people around the U.S. shoot and kill prairie dogs with their varmint guns.  They set traps for groundhogs and moles to kill them too.  EVEN PETA PEOPLE would stick a rat trap in their attic/basement I would wager.

Ask the people of Venice, Italy what they think of cats.  Their epidemic is worse than the rats in New York City.

My 2 cents, make change if you'd like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top