Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2001 11:06:49 AM EDT
I got this new scope cover combo in the mail today from S.W.F.A. It's a very cool idea indeed. It is a flip up styled scope cover with an Anti-Reflection Device built in. I can't wait to try it out. These are supposed to be equivalent to a 7" lens shade.

It's a killFLASH #M1-ARD btw.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]www.swfa.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know if it is available on their website yet. I got it from their customer service dept after they sent me the wrong sized Leupold ARD. It should be available soon though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I have tried out both the Butler Creek and Tenebraex Killflash ([url]www.camouflage.com/front.html[/url]) ARDs. Killflash is the original milspec version and usually costs up to $80+ per unit. The devices do cut down on light gathering by about 15% but this is a tradeoff to not having a 7" tube hanging off the end of the scope or binoculars. Also if your scope's magnification is below 3x the "honeycomb" will become visible.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top