Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2001 7:25:04 PM EDT
I'm goin to the MEPS up the road from me here in a few days, and the recruiter told me that I should go ahead and have them give me a physical so I won't have to do it later. What all are they gonna test on me?? I've been told that they're gonna check me inside and out, but if they glove up the index finger, somebody's in trouble. Any idea as to what's gonna happen?? All I wanted to do is take my ASVAB, and now they're gonna play with me grapefruit. Good grief.

Amos out.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually, that's a DAMN GOOD QUESTION!  And it couldn't have been at a better time.  I go take my ASVAB tomorrow (if I can FIND the Marine station), but I too would like to know more about this physical situation??
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Moses, Jewbroni, don't let them do it!  MEPS has DOCTORS that must give the physical, if you recruiter wants to so it, I'd wonder which way he swings if you get my drift.  He's going to take and test your blood, eyes, ears, strength, medical history, and whether you have one of  several dozen STD's?  Wow, recruiters sure are trained and equipped these days...

Even if the recruiter is on the up and up, and thinks he's doing you a favor, you're going to do it all over again IN DETAIL at MEPS.

Tell him to kiss you a$$ and make sure you have a GUARANTEED JOB or you'll wind up mowing grass on the General's yard or pulling weeds out of sidewalks.  I pulled my four with a guaranteed job in communications, and saw the "roads and grounds" guys almost every day on my way to work.

Oh yeah, a hint...when you TI asks everyone on the first day what you like to do, DO NOT raise your hand when he asks if you like to bowl...you'll be on latrine duty for 6 weeks straight.  Get on the "supply" crew...two guys sittin' in the supply room handing mops and Nevr-Dull out, while everyone else is slaving...sweet.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#3]
They will take blood, they will look at your feet (for flat feet).  WEAR UNDERWEAR!!!!!  you will be with all of the other guys in their undies liened up.  They will look at you in a basic way, they will grab your sack, and check your ass(but no rubber finger going where it doesn't belong!!!), you will ift some weights, and that is about it...

That is what I went through for the AF back ing the '90s.
BTW MEPS IS the physical, you have NO choice!!!

BISHOP
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 4:04:27 AM EDT
[#4]
While your at the MEPS be prepared to stay pretty much all day. When I was there, the examiners took there time. One thing good about the MEPS I went to was they has a monstrous Big Screen TV. So I didn't get terribly bored. And another thing don't bring any money or valuables with you because they will take your stuff and lock it up in a room( For security reasons). I guess thats it.

reconxl
T-5 Days till I leave!
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I just went to the MEPS about a month ago. I was there from about 6:00am to about 6:00pm! The physical isnt too bad, hearing, eyesight, blood test, pee in cup, and had the doctor look me over real good. 'turn aroud, bend over and spread 'em'. Dont worry there was no touchen aorund there, just a quick look. You will be bored by the end if there are a lot of people but you will most likely meet some future friends if they sign for the same leave date for basic. Good luck!
[sniper]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#7]
A friend of mine was jokin with me about the Proctology thing, and he put one hand on my shoulder and said good proctologist, then he put two hands on my shoulder and said bad proctologist. That's what really worried me. If i feel two hands up on my shoulders, somebody's gettin a homemade castration. So y'all think they'll just take a look back there huh?? Good deal. Thanks for all the info.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top