Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2001 5:58:49 PM EDT
Thinking about getting a Bushmaster, is it true that Thermold mags will not work in them??
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Thermolds work great. It's the Orlites that have problems. Even that can be corrected if you don't mind taking a file to your Orlite mags. You can't beat a Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Orlites have a number stamped near the bottom.  Something like a 0 over an 18.  In this pic, the number is upside down:

[img]http://www.southwick.org/pb2/orlite.jpg[/img]

Look at the bottom number...if the bottom number is 21 or higher, then you're ok with the Bushmaster.  20 or lower and you'll need to file it before it will work...maybe.  I bought one Orlite for my Bushmaster (0/26) and it works fine, never a problem.  (I picked up an Orlite and a Thermold just to test...though I have more USGI's)

- Robbie
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 10 thermolds that work like a champ in my 20" A2 Bushmaster

[beer]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you have convinced me, the only reason I was hesitant was the Thermold question( they are by far my favorite) I believe I'm going to become the proud owner of a Bushmaster!
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think you have convinced me, the only reason I was hesitant was the Thermold question( they are by far my favorite) I believe I'm going to become the proud owner of a Bushmaster!
View Quote

Good job, Confederate!

Maybe we can get together at the Pleasant Grove FOP Range or the Mobile Range (whichever is closer) when you get the beast.  Us 'Bama boys gotta stick together.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Count me in, just gotta snag it first, going to use Gun Cellar as FFL, you ever tried them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top