Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2001 2:04:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#1]
M4- The USAS 12 is classified as a Destructive Device by the ATF, same as mortars and hand grenades.
A lot of guys have them, and never registered them with the ATF, and they are illegal as hell if they don't have DD paperwork (as many of them don't).
THey are pretty spendy (There are a couple on GunsAmerica I think) but the problem is finding a dealer in Destructive Devices to receive the gun. There aren't too many DD Dealers in teh country, and even a Machine Gun dealer isn't "qualified" to receive them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The USAS12 is classified as a "Destructive Device". There was an period, which you could register it, but I think the time limit has expired. These are alot of fun in FA mode [:)]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw one of these at the last Houston gun show and was impressed by the thing.  REALLY heavy though.  It looks cool, but if the SHTF I'd rather have an 870 customized by Scattergun Technologies with the border patrol package, similar to the one Gun's magazine profiled last month.  It'd still be a lot cheaper than the USAS, not to mention easier to repair if something broke.

God Bless Texas.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is the older model

[img]http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/usas-12.jpg[/img]

My work collegue had it, we used it in a few  3 Gun Matches just to test it, it was very good in longer shotgun stages, but it is one heavy bastard with the full 20 round drum. Wish it  would have been the full auto model, the recoil just wasn´t there, because of the weight and the barrel being in the center line of the stock. Built like a tank, very simple and reliable method for the bolt to move in the action. All around very good if the weight part is overlooked.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 2:22:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Fun Fact about the USAS- It was a candidate for the OICW program.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I fired a FA USAS 12 a few years ago.

It looks like an AR scaled up totake 12g, which is pretty much what it is.

I hung a 20 round drum off it and fired it a few times semi to get a feel.

Flipped to FA, squeezed, by round 5 I was at about a 30 degree up angle and rising.

Socked it in tight and repeated, same results.

I'm 6 and 220, that thing whipped my ass.

Useless.

Semi only, it WOULD be cool to have an entry CQB with 20 rounds of buck on tap.    
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 2:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]
The cut off for the USAS and Street Sweepers was May of this year.  If they weren't registered then they are illegal! PERIOD!!!

BISHOP
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top