Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2001 10:30:14 PM EDT
I don't know if anyone has posted this, but there is a copy of the book online. It is really cool, hyperlinks to glossary, photos, video, audio, etc.

This is how the Internet was ment to be used!

Check it out at:
[url]www.philly.com/packages/somalia[/url]

I have just started reading it, very impressed so far.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 12:45:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I read the book not too long ago.  I really enjoyed it...well written.  And I recommend it.  

Now that the movie is planned for this winter, I'm interested to see that too.  I'm just hoping Hollywood doesn't screw up the movie like they have so many other good books.  Usually if I hear a movie is coming out, I'll wait to read the book after the movie so I can enjoy the movie a little.

- Robbie
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 1:36:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 2:11:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup, that's where I read the book--too poor to buy a hardcopy.

Also visit [url]http://www.cinemayhem.com/blackhawkdown/[/url] for updates on the movie.  The discussion board is also frequent by people who were in Somalia and those involved in the Oct 3 fight.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 2:37:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I had no idea that the American soldiers killed nearly 1,000 somalis.  17 vs. 1,000 sounds like an ass whipping.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 2:44:56 AM EDT
[#5]
You can check the trailer for the movie at

www.parkwars.com/cm/bhd/bhdqt.mov
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I just finished it today (at work). Made time today and put my phone on DND.

WOW!! That was amazing! Now I understand what everyone is talking about. I had to get up and take several walking breaks to regain composure.

Already downloaded the trailer awhile back. I don't know why, but everytime I watch the trailer I get teary eyed. Weird. Must be the music, yea, thats it.

Can't wait for the movie.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#7]
While shooting at a local match, I got to speak with a Little Bird pilot who participated in the filming of the movie.  He seemed impressed with the product they were trying to deliver and spoke highly of the entire enterprise.  Based on his comments, I'm really looking forward to the movie without the fears of Hollywood butchery.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Great book, can't wait for the movie. [:D]

Here are some links, some already mentioned:

Cliffnotes Chapters 1-29:  [URL]www.philly.com/packages/somalia/sitemap.asp[/URL]

Movie was supposed to come out this November, but it's been pushed to March 1st, 2002

Movie Links:

[URL]www.blackhawkdownmovie.com[/URL]
[URL]www.cinemayhem.com/blackhawkdown[/URL]
[URL]upcomingmovies.com/blackhawkdown.html[/URL]

Other Links:
[URL]www.nightstalkers.com/tfranger/blackhawkdown[/URL]
[URL]penguinputnam.com/static/packages/us/blackhawkdown/index.htm[/URL]

[B]BHD Movie trailer: (Ok quality)  [URL]www.parkwars.com/cm/bhd/bhdqt.mov[/URL]

Cast & Crew details (bios & pics) [URL]us.imdb.com/Title?0265086[/URL]
[URL]www.cinemayhem.com/blackhawkdown/cast_crew.htm[/URL]

Pictures:  [URL]www.apalis.com/bhd_gallery[/URL]
[URL]www.rotarywing.cwc.net/Galary.htm[/URL]  

More links:
Warning! Graphic movie special effect. Gory!
[URL]www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=9269[/URL]

Link Posted: 8/29/2001 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Shoot! [:(] looks like the www.apalis.com/bhd_gallery pictures were taken down.

I have a link to one of the pics that still works though. [:)]

[img]http://www.apalis.com/bhd_gallery/images/delta_insertion3.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top