Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2001 7:33:38 PM EDT
Does anyone have one of these or some pics of them?I would also like to know how they shoot? It looks like a fun plinker.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#1]
A guy at my local range has one. He says that it jams occassionaly on rapid fire. I haven't asked him about the magazines or ammo that he uses however. I've also heard "rumors" that Auto-Ord's quality control has suffered some of late. Hopefully some owners can chime in though, as I've always thought I'd like a Thompson!
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The Auto-Ordnance web site has a very good pic of it. A friend has one, but he has never fired it. (he's afraid his wife will find out he owns it, and how much it cost) he wanted the 50-rd drum, and I found him one for $200, so he got me to order it for him. This was 2 yrs ago, and I saw an ad with one in a recent SGN for $750! Talk about a return on your investment! The 100-rd drum is *get this* $1200! Stick with the 30-rd GI mags if you get one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Got really tired of not owning this gun.

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0KwAgAOcNWhzEnhEj5ve8jkDgXQjIwSua*oBHCpz341NZqCuOPV1JJOm7jlx*Wn3lwtLUcSpwGrQ/003.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#5]
SO......who wants a Wallpaper with a Thompson M1? *a 48-star flag w/ SMG laying across it* I also made ones w/ M16, M1 Garand, M14, and M4 carbine. Still looking for a good pic of an M1 carbine, FAL, G3, etc (Hey, I finally found a use for the damn program, and They look wicked as shit, so WTF?)
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Kahr Arms recently acquired Auto-Ordnance and is now manufacturing the Thompson.  From what I have read and heard, the quality has gone way up since Kahr Arms has started making them.  There's a good article in the October 2001 issue of Guns magazine.

From the magazine...

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40%2Fthompson%2Ejpg[/img]

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 4:45:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess owning one of these models is the next best thing to the original, but the current Auto Ordnance has no relations with the original Auto Ordnance company. You are correct about the inspection as these models and the full autos have been known to have problems right out of the box.

You have to admit that the loooooong barrel makes it look ugly and since an original Thompson is out of most peoples reach due to current prices, it would probably be worth it to pay the $200 tax to have a shorter barrel attached.

Keep in mind, for these semi models, you will have to purchase the mags from A.O. If you opt to purchase original GI mags they will have to be modified.

BTW, its great to see people still interested in the Thompson.

Thats my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 4:58:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's a bad photo of my pre Kahr 1927A1 Deluxe.  I have the forward PG, but they are very uncomfortable when shooting at the shoulder.

When benchresting, I can 4 inch groups if I concentrate really hard on the task.

[IMG]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=192182&a=1409106&p=53517499&Sequence=0&res=high[/IMG]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 7:47:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I just sold mine at the Big Reno Show and used the $$$ to get an AK. Mine had a severe jamming problem that never seemed to get fixed. I did caress it every time Saving Private Ryan or Combat was on.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 9:26:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine functions flawlessly if fed full power ammo.  Feed it PMC, or something weaker, and like any blowback, it will not have enough energy to properly cycle.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#11]
BTT. Thanks every one for the replies this will probably be my next gun purchase
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top