Posted: 8/28/2001 12:29:21 PM EDT
http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b8be92d045c.htm
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#1]
My turn. [:D]
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b8be92d045c.htm [/url]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope to hear some discourse on this as I know quite a bit about the (perp-patient)
cpermd
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#4]
One of the comments at the end of the story said that N.O.W. has set up a defense fund for the father. WHY!!!!Are they crazy?
So the average man is scum to these women, but this filth, and his unspeakable act is worthy of their support.

Link Posted: 8/28/2001 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#5]
cpermd,

Why don't you let us in on what you know so that we also have more pertinent information to go on about this case and decision, so fill us in on the big picture ok? Lot of open ends things not explained, ao what's the deal?
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#6]
The one sad thing about our legal system is the power that one man(or in many cases, woman)has in a courtroom. It is astounding!! Basically, a judge can pretty much do what he or she wants in their courtroom. I served on a Federal kidnapping case two years ago and overall, my experience as a juror and my view of our legal system was a good one. But there were three  things that disappointed me: 1.The judgement of the average juror 2. The obvious lying by the lawyers when everyone speaking before  the court has sworn to tell the truth, nothing but the truth, so help them God. and, 3. The power of the judge to make what may appear to be minor decisions which have so much impact on a defendants outcome. The only answer I have is to have a three person "judgeship" or whatever which would take so much human error out of the equation. And lastly, since I got off on this subject is that....It should be law that if a person sues someone else and loses, they should have to pay that persons legal expenses, like in England and Canada.... but the lawyers will never let it happen. Do you all realize how much our lives are controlled by lawyers??? It is scary!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top