Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2001 9:12:16 AM EDT
I had just started working at a hospital for about a month and a half when I and everyone who worked security was pulled out because of an investigation.

I was told that the three day's my Cpt called of that he was not sick that he was in another state seeing his father who I have heard from him was very sick. Well at this time we where working with the Cpt there 56 hour weeks so we where short help.

But it was about a week ago the Big boss comes in and tell's me about how they know that my Cpt was out of state because someone told them that he was. He told me that he wanted me to take the weekend off and see him on monday to talk so I did . Monday morning I go in to the office and talk to the Big boss and he asks me all this stuff about my Cpt I told him I know nothing because I did.

Then he gives me the bad news that he wants all the guy's who worked at the hospital not to go back until they get this straighten out he also told me that he would find another place for me to go to pick up some hours until this was straighten out he also told me that he thought that I was just used by my Cpt and I had nothing to do with this.

Now in two days it will be two weeks from the time I was told that they would find another place for me to work I have had no calls and heard nothing from them I have called them to talk to them and they never call me back.

Last Monday I had to go in to get my pay check and all I got was the run around.

I just don't know what to do? I have found another job that pays less right now but I'm so pissed off because this has placed a lot of stress on my family and me.    
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't get it.

You just told the story of Little Red Riding Hood but forgot to mention the Big Bad Wolf...

What was the investigation about??
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't get it.

You just told the story of Little Red Riding Hood but forgot to mention the Big Bad Wolf...

What was the investigation about??
View Quote

It's about my Cpt taking a week off to see his father. They also said that he was trying to get payed for it. I know that he was not trying to get payed for it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
we are missing something here.
mike
View Quote

You're missing something...I'm utterly confused. It would take Judge Judy to ferret out the truth/facts on this one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#6]
This makes my head hurt.

[(:|)]artbell[(:|)]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
we are missing something here. WHy the heck would the company be worried about you for your boss trying to scam some paid vacation? I've worked security and i know most of the owners i worked for were scam artist and amzingly cheap bastards.
What else is going on here?

mike
View Quote

We have no PTO or paid vacation. The place I'm at has no medical well for us at are sight.

They say he sent was trying to rip off the hospital because he placed 8 hours extra on accident on the pay role. I know he did do that but it was by accident and he told them so.

They also thought that he was trying to get paid for his time that he was taking off I don't know how they figured that out because the time sheet was not in yet but they said that he planed on getting paid for it.

I told them that they would be a little hard to prove since they could not prove that the pay sheet was going to say that he did work the day's he called off. They where also mad because they only heard this from an employee at the hospital that he was going to be taking a week off.

We told the big Boss that was B.S. and who ever said that was making it up they only started to say the thing about him being out of state after he called off for the second day.

They don't want any of us in the hospital making trouble and trying to find out who the employee is that said that he was out of the state.

I don't know where I got in to this but I have they just called me about 2 hours ago and where asking me more questions about me Cpt I keep telling them the same thing. "He called me on Tuesday afternoon and asked if I could work for him because he was not feeling well. Then he called me Wednesday and asked if I'd be able to work the next two days for him and I told him I would".

Then I ask them if I was fired or what because they  have not found me a new site. They told me that I would not be fired because I have not done anything wrong and there looking for a site for me.

Thats where I'm at right now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#8]
The other day this kid across the street had a flat on his bicycle because the huddle house had 10% off on flapjacks and ice-cream cones.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I suppose an appology is in order for my sarcasm but I just do not get what it is thats bothering you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top