Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2001 8:12:40 PM EDT
If you saw the Red, White and Blue AR done last year, wait until you see this...
[url]www.gunsamerica.com/imgview.cgi?gun_number=976135249&fname=./upload/976135249.jpg[/url]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#1]
saw this at the Orlando Gun show last weekend.

Who is the dealer selling this ?

[img]http://www.gunsamerica.com/upload/976135249.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a law enforcement only gun. Not really for sale. Hunters Hideout is who did the work and has the gun. We did just to show what can be done...
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, We need feedback. Tell us what you think. Good,bad, or otherwise...
John is in the process of doing another one. Tell us what you would like to see the next one look like.
thanx, Denise
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#4]
What do I think?  I think I should be allowed to own one, no two ways about it.

I also think anything labeled "LE only" is just helping build a police state for us to live in.

What kind cop would carry that thing?  A pimp maybe, gangster possibly...  Okay, maybe a San Francisco cop.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks like a goddamned paintball gun!
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I am pissed off too that it is an LE only gun and I will tell you right now that I seriously doubt any police officer will every carry that gun.  They will all have UMPs not some tricked out 9mm AR.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive been interested in getting a 9mm smg style AR here In Kanada, I will probly pick up a colt model. Now If your going to tell me this is a LEO gun you first need a RAIL for a front grip and a laser and light, then Ditch the carry handle, its useless, the front site is gone, this is evedently a gun for optics use only so just sick a flattop with a aimpoint. As for looks, its very nice, I love the chromed selector, mag release, etc... and they paint job rules if your somehow doing nothing but competitions with the gun and want to make a statement at the range, I'd think about making a camo on the same design by just using more dark colors like brown, black, green. If your in the LEO AR buisness I would look into maybe getting a Canadian importer to widen the market.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#8]
My other feeling is this:

If you are going to try and make a nice looking, collectible one of a kind rifle, an AR is probably not the thing to start with, and certainly not a 9mm submachine gun that only JBTs can own.  In addition, iron sights of some kind are still fashionable.  This one reminds me of those fancy daggers that the Nazis gave out to reward their most loyal statists.

This also kind of reminds me of those purple Bushmasters.  Make mine black, flat black.  Or some kind of camo.

Now how about some money for participating in your focus group?
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#9]
hey guys, thanks for the feed back, please keep it coming. Please don't focus on the LEO part of it. We used that gun as a sample. We can do the same stuff with a transferrable receiver as well. The reason we use LEO guns is because the cost difference. We can do this work on any gun.
PS- Its anodizing, and hard chrome, not paint.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Well since all you do really is anodizing, CAMO BABY!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#11]
WOE !! Slow down…….

Guys,,, guys,,,,, guys,,,,

I don’t know them but I saw this gun in real life..

It looked like they are trying to do something new and cool to show off some talent.

They did it to a machine gun so it would be extra cool!!!

(LEO gun so if you didn’t like it they only put $900+ into the gun instead of $6000)

by the looks of it I can see some talent I would pay for..!  
(Maybe not in purple but I would like to get one of mine done in dark colors too)

Who do I call? Or can I visit? (Since I’m in town)

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#12]
We do any finish that comes on a gun. Hard chrome, nickel, blue, anodize, parkerize, Titanium, Black chrome, 24k gold, Teflon, nitre blue or straw, along with milling, drilling, tapping, crowning, and any other gunsmithing thing you can think of. PS- I'm a girl, thats why its purple.
Thanks, Denise
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#13]
As they say, art imitates life!!But we all know that ar's are art. Nice work, I like it, but for my own, I will take it black, like my coffee and ......!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Popular opinion around here demands CAMO.

How's about a desert scheme?
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 3:00:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Who in the blue hell is going to carry that besides Sharky the Pimp?
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 3:13:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am pissed off too that it is an LE only gun and I will tell you right now that I seriously doubt any police officer will every carry that gun.  
View Quote

[b] I Second That!!!
Thanks for Promoting the Police State!!![/b]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top