Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2001 6:56:26 PM EDT
Well I am to say the least for it - this state Washington is supposed to off a murder tonight.  Our fish-faced liberal POS of a governor says he won't stop it.  I just saw a news blurb that said something about it might get delayed.  This guy has said all along let me die - Hang 'em high.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Buh-bye!
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]
SEE YA
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in favor of it. So much so in fact that I think in the case of lethal injection they should dig the person up every five years to administor a booster shot.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm in favor of it. So much so in fact that I think in the case of lethal injection they should dig the person up every five years to administor a booster shot.
View Quote

quit it, making me laugh to hard and making it hard to breath!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stinger
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe.........shoot em up real good.........stick em in the lectric chair, hange up for a while then blow thair asses away in a firing squad.

Yeha!
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#9]
"We, the People..." ARE the Government, and, "We, the Jury, find the Defendant guilty."

The sentence for the crime is Death.  He killed someone.  Murder.  The Penalty for this murder is Death.

Quit the pussyfootin' and --- Carry out the sentence!
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#11]
He's just a victim of society.  I say we show him some love, compansion and kindness, then let him go so he has a chance to turn his life around.

Well, either that or give his butt to the military as a sniper target.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I support the death penalty only so long as it is done publically.
Death in private suggests shame. Not to mention completley negates any deterrant factors associated with the ultimate punishment.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not campaigning to see it end. I'm campaigning to see it brought into the public eye.
Same with abortion.
Do you support abortion?
Fine.
Go watch a video of it sometime. If you support it, then dammit let your support be known by allowing everyone see the conciquence of the ideals or actions you support.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 11:30:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I am pro-death penalty and pro-choice. If little Johnny isn't born into a fatherless, drug filled, inner city life, the gov't won't have to execute him for the double homocide he commits while robbing liqour stores. More so, I won't have to shoot him when he attacks me or my family. And I believe their should be no bullshit excuses. He was on drugs. Well, if that's what kind of person he is on drugs and drugs are a reality, then that's the kind of person he is. He's crazy. Sorry, mental illness also means there is no place for you in society if you kill people. Don't even get me started on rapists and molesters.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:13:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I am very sick and tired of the media's fascination with TeXas' death row.

Remember how they tried to make GW appear like a sadistic governor who couldn't care less if the person was innocent or not?

They tried to make a big spectacle of unfair trials and all that BS.

There are many times Klinton could have granted a stay of eXecution but didn't.

So, on this thread I now see that TeXas isn't the only state in the Union to carry out eXecutions.

But popular media wouldn't want you to know that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:21:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Nope, sorry guys, but the government shoudl not have the power to kill citizens.  WHiel it is used against the dregs today, tommrow, eventually, they will get around to using it on you and yours.

On the other hand, I am all for the death penalty.  Nope that isn't a contradiction, when a person is found guilty of a crime deserving of the death penalty, the convicted is handed over to the family of the victim(s).  To do with as they see fit.

Keep the government out of it, they can not be trusted with takiong our lives.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 4:10:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Death in private suggests shame. Not to mention completley negates any deterrant factors associated with the ultimate punishment.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not campaigning to see it end. I'm campaigning to see it brought into the public eye.
Same with abortion.
Do you support abortion?
Fine.
Go watch a video of it sometime. If you support it, then dammit let your support be known by allowing everyone see the conciquence of the ideals or actions you support.
View Quote

Uh-oh.....

I find myself agreeing with "McUzi" WAAAY too much lately. [}:D]

Link Posted: 8/28/2001 4:12:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

On the other hand, I am all for the death penalty.  Nope that isn't a contradiction, when a person is found guilty of a crime deserving of the death penalty, the convicted is handed over to the family of the victim(s).  To do with as they see fit.

View Quote

Uhhh, don't look now, but that is essentially the Biblical method.

AT least the Old Testament method.

But I think you offer some good, interesting thoughts on the subject.

Link Posted: 8/28/2001 5:10:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 5:18:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Uh-oh.....

I find myself agreeing with "McUzi" WAAAY too much lately. [}:D]

View Quote

think that's strange? I was finding myself in complete agreement with BOTH of you in the American History X thread (even though I have seen it and it's better than you'd imagine but I know exactly where you're coming from) and this one too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 5:22:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Damn, I'm really scared now cause I agree with
hielo. I'd better go think about this some more :)
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:51:05 AM EDT
[#22]
I think these A-holes are PERFECT candidates for medical research... If hooking a killers brain up to a car battery is going to help me live an extra couple years, then all I got to say is Red is Positive and Black is Negative!
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#23]
RetroDog, every once in a while even a blind squirrel will find a nut .
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#24]
[url]http://www.prodeathpenalty.com/[/url] [img]www.geocities.com/trctl11/image26.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm for it in cases where it is absolutely without a doubt that the accused did it. As in the case of young Greg Blagg, a 21y.o. Army soldier in Texas who shot my sister - his mother in law - her two horses and a friend of the family's - who left behind a wife and 1-month old girl.
At the last minute he "made a deal" and never went to trial. Sentence - 50 years, eligible for parole in 12 1/2 years (2004).
As far as a "deterrent"? Don't make me laugh. The Death Penalty should only be thought of as a means to keep a killer from killing again.  A person who commits an offense punishable by the death penalty isn't thinking, "Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't kill this one, that could get me death instead of life..." what a joke!
As for the argument about the Govt. having the legal right to murder, or whatever you want to say; We as a society already "play God" through our medical community. We "play God" everytime we send someone up for life; we control most every aspect of their lives, subject them to increased risk of harm and do nothing about it, etc. We give the Law Enforcement  agencies the right to take life. I have never heard anyone - liberal or conservative - argue about taking guns away from Police and Military.
Unless my mind were to change as I looked through the sights, I believe I could be on the Government firing squad if Greg would be so bold as to request to pay the proper price for what he has done. He at least did the proper thing and admit his guilt (no matter that there were witnesses, his car, his .45, etc.)  I miss my sister, but I don't seethe with anger over Greg. I actually plan to drive back to Texas and visit him in prison one day to ask him face-to-face why, and let him speak his mind. BTW, he had been drinking that day too, was supposed to be confined to barracks because of his previous threats. I don't blame the Army either, as some family members tried to do.
OK I gotta stop and go read a bedtime story for my daughter now. Thanks
WSmac
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 4:24:11 AM EDT
[#26]
I am for the gallows. Hang the guilty bastards!
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 5:16:42 AM EDT
[#27]
An eye for an eye.

PS. Screw the New World Order.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 5:37:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, concidering that three years ago someone tried to rape my wife and that twice(incuding last night!) in the last two years I have been burglerized, I say we put to death not just murderers but all career criminals!!  Not just because of the cost, but because crimes too often go unpunished as it is.  And the main reason why is because of prison over crowding.  So instead of locking up career criminals I say we shoot them, we would save money and future crimes/victoms.  Trust me when I tell you a victom suffers long after the criminal event!!

And I could care less about it being a deterent, I want it for the victoms of both past and (potentially) future crimes.  Revenge isn't always bad, sometimes it brings closure.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 6:26:32 AM EDT
[#29]
"you think by giving me the death penalty your killing me, your not your setting me free" from yesterday when they sentenced george(the pos) rivas to death for killing that Irving,Tx  police officer on christmas. fucking pos, lethal injection is to kind. wheres sparky when you need him........
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 6:44:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
And the main reason why is because of prison over crowding
View Quote

sgtar, the main reason we have overcrowding is because they have so many non-violent 'criminals' in jail and keep them there longer than the violent, real criminals.

As for the rest of what you said, I agree wholeheartedly.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:04:47 AM EDT
[#31]
As citizens, we are not allowed to lawfully take anothers life unless we are convinced that that person is an immediate threat to life and limb.  

I hesitate to give greater power than that to government.

However, there are those people who commit crimes so heinous that their continued existence presents a physical danger to society.  I don't have a problem with putting those people (and I use the term loosely) down.  The problem is in properly identifying these people.  We know for a fact that several people have been wrongly convicted and sentenced to death.  Our system of justice was originally set up to minimize this, but has been perverted over time to become the travesty it is today.  We're setting the guilty free, giving light sentences for severe crimes and heavy penalties for minor ones.  "Justice" it's not.

Someone pointed out that keeping a person in prison for life can be quite expensive for the State.  Check into the cost of keeping someone on Death Row.  When you include the costs of repeated (automatic) appeals, Death Row inmates cost more than lifers without parole.

So, I'm ambivalent.  I think the death penalty has its place, but we're not doing a very good job implementing it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#32]
agree with Landon and g-man.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#33]
An interesting philsophical quandary.  How do we balance the potential for harm against the body politic against the potential for the inadvertent destruction of an innocent life?  Personally, I say we should ask an abortionins - or a doctor in Mainland China (where unauthorised children are killed at birth!)

I fully and completely support the death penalty.  Witness the overall rate of recidivism, and the rate among violent felons, and then consider your position carefully.  Also, there are those murderers and the like that are fuly unrepentant (and know it!) and actually ASK to be executed for their crimes - and their liberal ACLU lawyers try to get "Life!"

I like to think that I am mostly Libertarian by bent, and I still feel that an individual that commits such crimes as rape, murder, molestation, kidnapping, and the like immediately and forever withdraw ANY AND ALL claims they may have formerly had to any human rights, ACLU and the Left notwithstanding.  I mind two cases recently, but I cannot recall the particulars at the moment...

So, I think that "Life without possibility of parole" should be negated as a punitive sentence, and replaced with execution.  Remember also our history of jailbreaks and escapes - a "lifer" has nothing to lose by trying, while a corpse won't be going anywhere!

One more thing - for the supporters.  Are YOU ready and willing to throw the switch if called?  Would YOU swing the axe or drop the door on the gallows?  Would YOU tie the noose?

Remember that anyone who benefits from an action - directly or not - is just as morally responsible for it as if he had done it himself.  Another reason that executions should be made public, and involve the citizenry at large....

FFZ
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Same with abortion.
Do you support abortion?
Fine.
View Quote

Excellent point. Put your money where you mouth is!

reconxl
T-5 Days
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Heres a money saving idea: Electric Bleachers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top