Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2001 6:29:33 PM EDT
I have a 1954 Ford NAA that my grandfather bought brand new. When he passed away I got the tractor and now I am slowly getting it restored. I got it to run last fall. Now I need to get new tires and a couple rims for it. I want to get it painted hopefully by next spring so that it will look like this ----->
[img]http://www.ytmag.com/photoads/upload/7417.jpg[/img]
Here is another one
[img]http://www.ytmag.com/gallery/tphotos/a2120.jpg[/img]

Anyone else like old tractors?
-bricklayer
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know anything about them, but I  love all types of old machinery.  Those two look sharp!  Good luck on your project - cool deal because of the sentimental value too.

Tate
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#2]
There a lot of interest around this area in old John Deere's.  Quote I heard a while back "Nothing runs like a Deere but, nothing stinks like a John."
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice tractor.
I would love to have a Farmall A or Cub, @ 1952.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Bricklayer,

Mine is a 1952 Ford 8N, I've restored it completely...  I lack tires, a grill and a few other small things to be complete..  There's a guy on ebay that only sells ford tractor parts...  mostly new parts... and reasonable by comparison..  

I bought the original red and gray colors directly from the ford tractor dealer here in Houston...  am working on getting implements now...    Good luck !

realist
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Believe CampyBob in the AK-47 forum collects old tractors.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:45:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Realist, My grandad had a 1952 8N before he bought the NAA. I think he traded the 8N for it. when i get this one finished I might get an 8N to restore to.
Beekeeper, My neighbor has an Allis Chalmers. Its not an older one though. but it sure is a good running tractor. He would like to get a wd45 - they are one of his favorites.
-bricklayer
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 4:19:23 AM EDT
[#8]
my 1959 allis-chalmers d-17 uses fords for wheel weights!!! lol!

(this could get funnier than the old ak v. ar threads!)

i collect john deere garden tractors (they take up less room in the barn than the big ones!)

beekeeper, those old wd's were great machines...and it's the right color!
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 5:21:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice tractor.
I would love to have a Farmall A or Cub, @ 1952.
View Quote

I have often told the wife I would love to get a 52 cub. My grandfather owned two when I was growing up and I loved to drive that thing. Someday I will own one. Hopefully, I will get to restore it myself too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:20:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Years ago, helped a buddy redo a massey 33 and a 44.....more recently, helped a guy at work with a m and a c....me, all i have is a cub....1953.....[:)]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I work for a New Holland dealership (formerly Ford Tractors).  I own a 1954 NAA also and two Fordson tractors.  Also have a 1953 Allis-Chalmers WD45 that my Dad bought new.  I have driven it for thousands of hours as a kid working on the farm.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep, got one almost like yours. Gotta find a picture of it around here somewhere. All restored but it still works for a living. We have it out at the lake where it mows the property. Have one of those huge mowers with the club-like blade. It's a blast to run. I think ours is a little newer than yours. I forgot what the model number is but I want to say a 7N. Put a hitch on the front to launch the boat but it does not quite have the power to do it. We launch off of a natural rock formation and it has pretty steep steps to ease it down. My brother-in-laws repainted it and had the motor overhauled commercially. My wife and I don't get to the lake much but the rest of the family does.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I inhierited a 1944 Farmall H recently from my father. While it was his pride and joy, I don't have the patience for old tractors. It is a 6 volt system and parts ain't cheap or easy to find. If it was an old car from the same period no problem, but an old tractor? I like to use a nice new Cat when working the fields.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Love old tractors! Have a '68 Ford 2000 three cylinder gas. Runs great but needs paint, hopefully by this fall. Good luck on your project, they are wonderful machines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top