Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2006 2:37:41 PM EDT
- M1 carbines: Saw two Inlands and one Saginaw marked $750 to $839. Saw two Universals, one marked $399, the other $499. The latter had a cheap scope on it. There was one there that I have never seen nor heard of before, an "Alpine." Anyone have any info on this carbine?

- XD45 magazines are now readily available. All venders selling them had them marked $30.

- Saw two P17 Enfields. One had the markings on top of the receiver ground off but was in otherwise nice condition. It was marked $325. The other was an "Eddy Stone" in poor condition marked $479.

- New Yugo SKS rifles were marked $149.

- A clean Norinco 1911 was marked $350. It was the only one I saw there, and I would have gotten it but I already have one.

- A Winchester Garand in average condition was marked $1000. Springfields in average condition were marked $850. (CMP, here I come!)

- Springfield M1A standard rifles were selling for $1500! I bought mine new from a local gunstore a year ago for $1199.

- One guy was selling new Bushmaster M4-style carbines with collapsible stocks for $850.

Not the best gunshow I've been to, but better than cutting grass.
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Alpine carbines are commercial aftermarket copies of dubious quality. Not only is the quality not up to par, parts are not easy to find.

Pass.
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Alpine carbines are commercial aftermarket copies of dubious quality. Not only is the quality not up to par, parts are not easy to find.

Pass.

Thanks! I think I'll save my money up for G.I. guns.
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If the USGI carbines were in good shape, thats about the going price I see in my area. The days of $400-$500 Carbines in good shape are over unless you find someone who is not with the times.
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If the USGI carbines were in good shape, thats about the going price I see in my area. The days of $400-$500 Carbines in good shape are over unless you find someone who is not with the times.

The G.I. carbines were in great shape, but I suspect the stocks have either been redone or are commercial replacements; there was not one cartouche or stamp of any kind to be found on any of them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Believe I saw you there today, although I didn't know it at the time.  We were both asking whetherr or not the M1A one of the vendors had displayed was standard or NM.  The dealer seemed slightly confused by the question.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top