Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2001 11:07:33 AM EDT
1. Do people stare at your shiny knob when you're talking to them?

2. Does the remainder of your hair "hurt"?

3. Do you feel self conscious?

4. DO little kids point and stare at your dome?

5. Do your buddies slap your head just to hear the sound?

6. Do other bald guys embarrass you?

7. Does your face seem bigger and rounder now that your hair is gone?

All these things happen to me!
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#2]
That doesn't sound like fun. My oldest brother at 40 something has all his hair, so I don't have anything to worry about now. But maybe I should start doing some preventative rogaine treatment to avoid that kind of treatment.

Speaking of which, is bald-bashing a hate crime?????
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#4]
>1. Do people stare at your shiny knob when >you're talking to them?

Nope.

>2. Does the remainder of your hair "hurt"?

Sometimes, yes.

>3. Do you feel self conscious?

Not really, some women seem to like the short, balding look these days and I've always had bad hair before.

>4. DO little kids point and stare at your dome?

Nope.

>5. Do your buddies slap your head just to hear >the sound?

Nope.

>6. Do other bald guys embarrass you?

No, but some of 'em look awful funny.  Particularly those that do the comb-over, or leave the 'tuft' in front really really long.

>7. Does your face seem bigger and rounder now >that your hair is gone?

Nope, my head doesnt look quite as monstrous now.

For those looking into it, Rogaine does work as advertised, it will grow hair on the 'crown' but it also ruined my scalp and wasn't worth using after a point.  Propecia also works, but at $40 a month to put off the inevitable, it wasn't worth it either.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#5]
-Present youself as Eagle...Bold Eagle.
-Say "honey you don't need mirrors above the bed, just look at my head"
-Its not a bolding spot, its a fly landing strip.
-save money,  no more combs.
-All the smart man are bold...only you are not a smart man.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife actually prefers the look, as if I had any choice. Picture a hair line along the lines of Asst Director Skinner from X-Files, Major Dad, or Capt Picard.

I've actually been encouraged to shave those stragglers and go clean, by some of my fellow Marines. However, towering at 5'7", I realized that when stood next to my 6'3" OIC(also clean shaven above the collar, except for the eyebrows), I looked more like his evil clone, Mini-Me!!!

Dave
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got the gulf of mexico thing on each side of my forehead and it is getting bigger.  Must be the global warming.  Oh well, soon my forehead will be a fivehead.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Bald and damned proud of it [:D]

[img]http://home.satx.rr.com/bandittx/Bandito.jpg[/img]

Bandito
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#9]
How about a hair "challenged" Mall Ninja. ( I stole your pic, DVD Tracker. I couldn't resist the temptation to change it a bit [:D]

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/036/D1/nw/UV/pP42942.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#10]
How about a woman's perspective?  

Don't worry about it.  You look great with or without your hair, guys.  Hair does not define the man.  If you were sexy before, you'll still be sexy after losing your hair.  Just don't try that "comb-over" thing that so many men do.  You know....let it grow really long on one side and comb it over the top of your head.  Please, gentlemen.... save yourselves the embarrassment and don't even think about it, ok?

Bald is beautiful!  [:D]

Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#11]
My hair is falling out due to stress.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I just tell people that my hair migrated to my chin.

Alex  [:)>]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Its ok guys, it just means there is more testosterone in your body!  Tell that to the next chick you meet at a bar!  Hey Brog, mine is thinning but more of them are turning white in response to stress. There used to be just a few stragglers, now there is a whole herd of them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bald is beautiful!  [:D]

View Quote

Ooookay... you asked for it.. [}:D]

[img]http://home.satx.rr.com/bandittx/JoJoBaldy.jpg[/img]

Bandito
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm 26 and my fur began migrating three years ago... I had ample warning, but those bastards at Merck released Propecia a year too late. It's all their fault. To be honest though, it hasn't slowed me down much in the company of ladies. Boda Bing.

-RyanG
[flag]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#17]
God is good, God is fair
To some He gave brains,
To others hair.

Link Posted: 8/27/2001 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ooookay... you asked for it.. [}:D]
Bandito
View Quote

Bandito....you're right, I left myself wide open for that one!  She's a foxy chick, ain't she?  LMAO
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Not yet,but I realize it is inevitable.Even then,I know many chics dig it,so I aint worried about it!Just wonder if my wife is one of "those chics"who dig it!?
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bandito....you're right, I left myself wide open for that one!  She's a foxy chick, ain't she?  LMAO
View Quote

LOL.. That she is...

Rick
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Don't worry about it.  You look great with or without your hair, guys.  Hair does not define the man.  If you were sexy before, you'll still be sexy after losing your hair
View Quote

Conversly, if you're an ugly bald guy, having hair isn't going to make a difference.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Going ,going, gone...I now shave my head.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Conversly, if you're an ugly bald guy, having hair isn't going to make a difference.
View Quote

Not necessarily.  Some guys look better without their hair.  Kinda hard to explain.  I guess it's a "gal" thing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#24]
[b]IM NOT GOING BALD....IM GETTING MORE HEAD![/b]
sorry

started thinning around 25, now, at 30 my crown is pretty thin so I just keep all my hair just longer than a buzz cut.
A female co worker told me I look extinguished.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top