Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2001 5:50:30 AM EDT
Well I finally got to start collecting firearms and while browsing through the local NRA gunshow this past weekend looking for a good deal on C&R Rifles. I spotted this old timer with a table who had quite a few nice C&R guns. I strolled over and took a look and found a Mosin Nagant M28/30. I though hmmm this isn't your run of the mill mosin. I took a close examination of the rifle and found that it is a Sako "SK.Y" marked with the Finnish SA. All matching except magazine floorplate. Blueing is about 96%. Bore is very shiny and looks barely used as rifling looks extremely sharp. Stock is beautiful with barely any marks from handling. It has CAI import marks near the end of the barrel. I am thrilled that I was able to snag this rifle for only $175!!! I posted my find on Tuco's Forum and found that the M28/30's have ben selling on AuctionArms for over $350!!! There was no way I could pass up such a great deal. This is one of the few and far between i'll probably ever get from a gunshow.

PICS COMING SOON!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Dang me, I never like any of the inexpensive guns, like the Mosin's or the Mausers.

I go right for the $1K jobbies.

[heavysigh]

Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Dang me, I never like any of the inexpensive guns, like the Mosin's or the Mausers.

I go right for the $1K jobbies.

[heavysigh]

View Quote

You must be rich then. I can't afford "1k jobbies". C&R Rifles are funner to collect in my opinion because of their history and rarity.

You have got to be kidding me! You don't have one single Mosin or Mauser??
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You must be rich then. I can't afford "1k jobbies". C&R Rifles are funner to collect in my opinion because of their history and rarity.
View Quote

Nor rich. Just rich tastes, the curse of the poor man.

My C&R lusts are for (surprise, surprise) M1's, which go in the $600+ category (other than CMP)I'm with you on the historical aspects. Just I prefer Amerocan history. And you pay dearly for the priviledge.

You have got to be kidding me! You don't have one single Mosin or Mauser??
View Quote

Enfields mostly. 3 of 'em. Hardly ever shoot 'em. I guess its been 3+ years now.

I really don't care for the Mosin's. The Mausers I can live without.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Enfields mostly. 3 of 'em. Hardly ever shoot 'em. I guess its been 3+ years now.
View Quote

If no shooty why not sell them?? What kind??

I really don't care for the Mosin's. The Mausers I can live without.
View Quote

Because they aren't american??
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If no shooty why not sell them?? What kind??
View Quote

Rule No. 1 - Never, never, never sell a gun.

The Enfields are regarded as some of the most accurate production battle rifles in the world. See below for the relevance of this tidbit.

No 1 Mark III
No 4 Mark I
No. 4 Mark II

View Quote

Yeah, that  and I'm mostly into accuracy (see above)

I want my shooting to be ONLY limited by my ability, not by my gun.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No 1 Mark III
No 4 Mark I
No. 4 Mark II

Yeah, that  and I'm mostly into accuracy (see above)

I want my shooting to be ONLY limited by my ability, not by my gun.
View Quote

So your saying Mosins and Mausers are inaccurate compared to Enfields??? My m28/30 can get sub 1" with match ammo. and 2" with regular ammo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#8]
You now have an exact version of the rifle used by the #1 sniper of all time, Simo Häyhä of Finland. You can´t go wrong in buying a Finnish rifle, old or new.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So your saying Mosins and Mausers are inaccurate compared to Enfields??? My m28/30 can get sub 1" with match ammo. and 2" with regular ammo.
View Quote

No.

I'm saying that the Enfields are REGARDED  as the most accurate produiction battle rifles in the world. Specific rifles will vary.

What can I tell ya???? I just gravitate away from them.

Since ya forced me to say it, I'll say it - the Mosin's are UGLY. [}:D] I was tryin' to be nice, but ya cornered me. [}:D]

Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What can I tell ya???? I just gravitate away from them.

Since ya forced me to say it, I'll say it - the Mosin's are UGLY. [}:D] I was tryin' to be nice, but ya cornered me. [}:D]
View Quote

Mosin's are not ugly, if anything Enfields are ugly... LIGHT YOUR TORCH! let the flame war begin![}:D]

Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mosin's are not ugly, if anything Enfields are ugly... LIGHT YOUR TORCH! let the flame war begin![}:D]

NOT ONLY are Mosin's UGLY, they use an outmoded cartridge. [}:D]

Ha HA!!!!!!!!! top that!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, I'll not flame thee.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Hey - I've got three Enfields I'll sell ya - $600 for the lot of 'em.

Link Posted: 8/27/2001 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOT ONLY are Mosin's UGLY, they use an outmoded cartridge. [}:D]

Ha HA!!!!!!!!! top that!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, I'll not flame thee.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Hey - I've got three Enfields I'll sell ya - $600 for the lot of 'em.

View Quote

Hey garandman how many countries in the world use .303? or for that matter any WW2 cartridge??
7.62x54 is the only one left still in use today.
I win!
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 4:09:58 AM EDT
[#14]
I've been a member here on and off for a couple of years.  Mostly lurking.  Great pastime. I love my AR's. Have shot a couple of reduced range CMP contests in FL.  Did well. However, when I go to the range I also take my old Remington Rolling Block, and end up spending more time with it than the AR's.  There's usually several other shooters that end up shooting the Rolling Block.  A fun mixture of the functional and the historical.

During the gunshow last weekend I purchased a nice MN M44 and a Yugo M48A.  Both appear to be unissued.  Both were incredible values. I can't wait to shoot the M44.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top