Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2001 6:50:30 PM EDT
Don't believe any of these bleeding heart liberal actors for a second. They might preach against guns but they get stalkers from time to time. They know what can happen and most of them have guns. They are closet gun owners though.

I have several liberal friends (not bragging about it of course) who don't like guns. We always argue about gun ownership. Then later when something happens to scare them, guess who is the first person they call,,, yeah, that's right, me. Seems they will still argue till they are blue in the face about how horrible guns are but their little man inside is telling them to be more realistic. They'll get a gun in a heartbeat cause when their ass is on the line, they know the cops will never get there fast enough.

It just makes me laugh...
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
funny (not really) I just had a short gun debate with my friend, who is a liberal. He thinks the 2nd amendment is outdated, like the women not being able to vote and blacks only being 3/5 a person (I agree those two parts needed to be changed, but the 2nd doesn't). He said it was there to prevent another monarchy. I said "that could still happen" he's like "no way, not in the 21st century"
I talked about how I don't want to take away people's 1st amendment rights (that's how this first got started tonight) and that as long as I don't shot someone I should be allowed to own a gun.
Worst part is, when he was my roommate he always wanted to see my gun when I got a new one. Hopefully his gf can straighten him out. She joined me in the debate tonight. Her dad was a gunsmith for the gun dealer I frequent.

Some of these liberals make me sick.
(hope you don't mind the rant, but the liberal theme of this thread seemed appropriate since my friend is a liberal)
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a friend who is a 'moderate.'  Let's just say he lets his parents do his political thinking for him.  One day he noticed some guys scoping out his Camaro, and it looked fishy.  So, naturally he jumps in and drives over to my house.  He likes shooting and goes with me some times but says, I would like a .22 but have no real need for anything else.  Until he cannot take care of himself and comes over to my house so I can protect him.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully his gf can straighten him out. She joined me in the debate tonight. Her dad was a gunsmith for the gun dealer I frequent.
View Quote

DUDE!! Steal his girlfriend![;D]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Sharky, the next time your liberal friend mentions the 3/5th thing, drop a little knowledge on him. The 3/5 provision was put in by abolitionists in the norhern states.  Since population is used to determine the number of representatives in the house, they wanted to keep slave owning states from using their slave population to get more house seats. If they didn't do that, they possibly could never had enough votes to abolish slavery.

"Liberals. Can't live with 'em, pass the bear nuts."
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]
she gets on my nerves, although she might not be annoying if I was getting some [:)]

Quoted:
Hopefully his gf can straighten him out. She joined me in the debate tonight. Her dad was a gunsmith for the gun dealer I frequent.
View Quote

DUDE!! Steal his girlfriend![;D]
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Also if someone says that the 2nd only applies to firearms at the time of the writing of the Constitution, tell them that the 1st cannot then apply to television, radio, telegraph, telephone, internet, etc.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Also if someone says that the 2nd only applies to firearms at the time of the writing of the Constitution, tell them that the 1st cannot then apply to television, radio, telegraph, telephone, internet, etc.
View Quote
and that it also doesnt apply to X religionb becoase X religion wasnt around when the constituion was writen
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Why in the hell if they always spout equality, peace and love are the liberals some of damn rudest people on the planet??? I have yet to run into any mean people (ok maybe the womenz but they all are mean to me) at fun shows, but if I go to the store or out to eat there are stinkin nasty people everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 5:18:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Imbrog, Boston's the same way.  In this little liberal haven there exists more rude, obnoxious, and unfriendly people than I've ever seen anywhere else.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 5:27:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I have NO liberal friends.

Link Posted: 8/27/2001 6:27:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I spoke with Nadine Sanford, wife of Harry Sanford, who owned AMT guns of Irwindale, CA. a few years back.  She said that during the '92 L.A. riots, her phone would be ringing off the hook from liberal friends calling and pleading  for her to sell them a gun, but she couldn't because she was not a retailer, this could mean years for her in prison.  At the time, these liberals learned real quick that it is not that easy or quick to get a gun contrary to popular belief.  Here is a good example of liberals getting caught in their own stupid and moronic laws.  Seems this lesson is already forgotten today among these forward thinking people.  They never seem to learn.  I guess in the next go-around, they will be f'd, again.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#13]
My sister is a staunch Democrat. I have such fun with her. Like taking her son in law  out to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:12:38 AM EDT
[#14]
"I have NO liberal friends." garandman

So what do you do for entertainment. I mean, they are lots of fun to hang around and then point out contradictions about what they say and then what they do.

Myself, I have plenty of liberal friends. I try to convert at least one per week. It's a slow process deprogramming them but well worth it. :)

Just remember, Christ hung out mostly with the sinners cause he figured they had the most room for improvement. hehehehe
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"I have NO liberal friends." garandman

So what do you do for entertainment. I mean, they are lots of fun to hang around and then point out contradictions about what they say and then what they do.

Myself, I have plenty of liberal friends. I try to convert at least one per week. It's a slow process deprogramming them but well worth it. :)

Just remember, Christ hung out mostly with the sinners cause he figured they had the most room for improvement. hehehehe
View Quote

EXACTLY why I hang around here. [;)]

You guys aren't Liberals, you ARE my friends, and, well, you stated the rest pretty succinctly.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top