Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2001 4:36:16 PM EDT
This has been awhile in coming but.......

Several months ago, maybe as many as six, a user on this site posted that he and his wife had lost their daughter.

Their daughter had a love for the Golden Gate Bridge,had always wanted to see it first person, but never had the opportunity to experience it. He just asked that someone who drives over it to say hello to his daughter and honor her memory.

That post touched me deeply because I drive over the GG Bridge at least three times a week.
I also was torn after I read it because I was not then registered on this site and and could not respond.

I have since then forgotten her name, but I still say hello to that girl each and every time that I see and travel over that bridge.

I just wanted to let that person know that her memory will never be forgotten. If you know who this person is, please let them know that she will always be honored.

Thank You
        Alex  
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#1]
[bounce]
Just didn't want it to get buried...
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Alex,

I just did this last weekend.  Her name was Leslie Anne.  Stuck with me as well.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you very much Landon.

Ratters: I shall never forget that name again, Thank you.

Alex
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 4:32:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm 59 years old and I'm sitting here crying while I type this. She died in 94, seems like yesterday. Seven years later the emotions well up inside and it's like it just happened. Alex and Ratters I don't know how to thank you. I can't put the feelings I'm having in a sentence. All that comes out is THANKS!
Gerry
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I just wanted to let you know that there are strangers in this world who care.

Alex
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I cross the Golden Gate bridge about once a year. From now on i will think of her when i have the wonderful experince of crossing it.Maybe she will be watching alexanderredhook and myself...
Godspeed Leslie Anne...
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:01:59 AM EDT
[#9]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:19:58 AM EDT
[#10]
No need for the thanks, it is all just sharing the human experience.  Once again, sorry for your loss my friend.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:34:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No need for the thanks, it is all just sharing the human experience.  Once again, sorry for your loss my friend.
View Quote

True

Alex
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I never told my wife about my earlier request. Saturday I printed out this thread and gave it to her. It's now posted on our refrigerator. Can't tell you how good we both feel about you guys and all the people that responded to my earlier request. As she said there are GOOD people out there and they won guns.
Hope to get out sometime next year. If you see two old folks just standing in the middle of the bridge staring down at the water it might be us.
Gerry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top