Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2001 2:24:56 PM EDT
UPS made an expensive delivery at my house this afternoon. A small box with one mag inside, but the driver backed his truck into two 30 year old Cherry trees, breaking limbs as big as 6-8 inches in diameter. If this was a tight space I might understand, but there is 3 acres of lawn and a large turnaround!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL, there's something about UPS workers in that they just love to break stuff.

I know, I WORK FOR THEM [:D]   But I knew that long before I worked there because I had friends who worked for them as well, oh you poor souls, you have no idea what the packages go through before they arrive at your door.

I'm not a driver though, I'm a loader.   But if you wanted you could likely call the station that the truck is from and bitch to the head manager, typically the drivers are responsible for everything and anything they might do in their delivery vans and they have to report it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate ups and avoid them whenever I can. But hitting a cherry tree is just too low. Cherry is a beautiful wood.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I know, I WORK FOR THEM [:D]   But I knew that long before I worked there because I had friends who worked for them as well, oh you poor souls, you have no idea what the packages go through before they arrive at your door.

I'm not a driver though, I'm a loader.   But if you wanted you could likely call the station that the truck is from and bitch to the head manager, typically the drivers are responsible for everything and anything they might do in their delivery vans and they have to report it.
View Quote

I used to unload.  Man, the stuff we used to tear up...  I use FedEx for everything I can now, and I work for USPS![:O]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I used to unload.  Man, the stuff we used to tear up...  I use FedEx for everything I can now, and I work for USPS![:O]
View Quote

So its not UPS fault its assholes like you. Hell when I picking off on the HVD Ill tape a box up there. Plus if you really did work there you would know how more than half the shit there is mailed in screwed up boxes with bad zips and fucked up labels, but its easy to blame an insured company.
GG
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

So its not UPS fault its assholes like you. Hell when I picking off on the HVD Ill tape a box up there. Plus if you really did work there you would know how more than half the shit there is mailed in screwed up boxes with bad zips and fucked up labels, but its easy to blame an insured company.
GG
View Quote

Goodness Mr Guru, did we have a nasty pill tonight?  I don't appreciate being called an asshole at all...  You don't know me and I don't know you.

And it is a LOT more than half the packages that are poorly packed.  Especially funny are the ones with string around them...  Those receive tender loving care.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Believe it or not, I prefer USPS Priority Mail. They are faster, or just as fast as UPS.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't use them because the local Oklahoma City service center personnel are a bunch of anti-gun communists, thieves, and vandals. Their center manager is an immature prick on whom the term "PROFESSIONAL" is completely lost and refuses any redress of any kind and seems to get his rocks off on antagonizing customers via his piss-poor service, policies, and manner of speaking. USPS, Federal Express, and pack mules get my hard-earned shipping dollars. UPS can go piss up a rope.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#8]
If a person doesnt like ups, they dont have to use them. Overnite, Federal Express are alternatives, but I might add, not always the best alternative
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I worked for UPS for one day. The worst day of my life. Threw up 3 times. Freight Nazis could never be pleased.

I also worked for FedEx for 8 months. Not much better but better none the less. I used to offload aircraft and do mini sorts. Nine times out of ten, broken items were the result of poor packaging. Ask me about shower doors(never saw one that wasn't broken), or the time that someone shipped 10,000 marbles in two very inadequet cardboard boxes(picked those up for days), and then there was the bottle of aged scotch that someone shipped by just wrapping it once with shopping bag paper(crew enjoyed the smell in the airplane).
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#10]
The post office nearest me is a joke. Hours are 8:00 - 4:30, and they CLOSE an hour at lunch! There are 3 people behind the counter, and they only  keep 1 line open. The next nearest office has 3 tellers, and they make you stand 20 feet away in one continuous line and then each teller announces "next" at their convenience. One moron who has worked there for years has the attitude of a step child being made to eat spinach & prune juice. Could someone please tell me why the government is still in the mail business anyway? It's not like 150 years ago when the mail had to make it across the country whle avoiding the Injuns. I REALLY would like to hear a good excuse.
BTW UPS isn't as bad as some carriers, a company I use to work for had an exclusive account with Airborne Express. No way to track a package, offices close at 4:00 pm, and if a package ever gets lost you are screwed because their claim system for losses is basically a fraud as no claim ever gets settled, you just get transferred to someone else till you give up. Stay away if you have anything worth more than $10 bucks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]
UPS' problems come right down to the asshole who's the manager for a particular area. The Oklahoma City area used to enjoy good service, but over the last two years, things have been in the dumper. What pisses me off even further about UPS, is that after you've tried to resolve things in good faith with their moron manager and he's more or less told you to pick a spot and kiss his ass, there's not much redress to be had at their national level. I've been told by UPS' corporate offices that local managers are free to run their center as they wish as long as it doesn't violate company policy. This sure as hell doesn't answer why parcels that I'm due to receive get lost or misdelivered (yeah, they're addressed correctly in big bold letters and numbers). It doesn't explain why the auto parts that I ordered had been opened and pilfered. It doesn't explain why the local center takes a dim view of firearms and firearm related parcels. They don't deserve my money. So many of the manufacturers try to rope you into using those assholes even after they've proven themselves anti-gun (to wit, Mossberg recently issued a recall for Model 695 shotguns, but will only pay the owner for UPS shipping). I have noticed that if you have a legitimate complaint with the postal service, they will listen.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey Jim

Just out of curiosity, what's the name of this asshole mananger you love so much?

Edited cause I got fat fingers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Guess I'm lucky, I've only used USPS and UPS, and I've never had any problems with either. People behind the counter at both places had good dispositions and were timely in thier dealings with customers. If they were antigun, I couldn't pick up on it. Service probably differs from locale to locale substantially I would bet, and it matters a lot what kind of service you get depending on who's in charge and what kind of behaviour they exhibit themselves and tolerate from thier employees.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#14]
There are two kinds of wood.  Cherry Wood and fire wood.

shadows
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

GG
View Quote

Goodness Mr Guru, did we have a nasty pill tonight?  I don't appreciate being called an asshole at all...  You don't know me and I don't know you.

And it is a LOT more than half the packages that are poorly packed.  Especially funny are the ones with string around them...  Those receive tender loving care.
View Quote

Your right, The pill got me. Sorry.
GG
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Just out of curiosity, what's the name of this asshole mananger you love so much?
View Quote

Michael I'm-not-allowed-to-give-out-my-last-name-but-I'm-the-only-Michael-here at the 948-2445 number. A friend of yours? I believe he's the same guy a retiree from work spoke with on a returned shipment to Brownell's that included around $2500 in parts and tools.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd need a last name to know who he is. There are too many assholes managers at UPS to narrow it down by just Micheal.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 5:59:32 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd need a last name to know who he is. There are too many assholes managers at UPS to narrow it down by just Micheal.
View Quote

That's the best that I can do and he refuses to give hist last name. However, he claims to be manager of the center.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 6:15:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Teamsters.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Teamsters.
View Quote

No, my bitch is with their management who are not union members.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top