Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2001 12:09:18 PM EDT
[IMG]http://community.webshots.com/photo/19995471/19998875woGVhuyTmH[/IMG]

I do freelance graphics for the Baltimore Ravens, and here when I went to PSINet stadium for the game last night, in walks John Modell and with the Lombardi Trophy!

Sets it down for the game and says" have fun"!

Bulldog Out
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF?

The image WAS coming up
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[IMG]http://community.webshots.com/uploads/19995471.jpg?5885[/IMG]
View Quote

I'll give you $10.00 for it.. [:)] That's cool! A once in a lifetime opportunity..
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the way everyone is injured they probably won't get another one.... :(

Bulldog
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#4]
$10.00 for a Red "X"?  Sounds like a rip to me![;D]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Lemme try:

[IMG]www.nepamedia.com/images/vl.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow!  You won the Superbowl!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lemme try:

[IMG]www.nepamedia.com/images/vl.jpg[/IMG]
View Quote

Now HOW DID YOU GET IT, and MY LINKS don't work?

please help I'm new at this...

bulldog out
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#8]
It looks like you did it right.  I got the picture by copy/pasting it into my location bar.  I posted it by putting it up on an http server.  It looks like webshots might not take requests from certain referrers or something.  I would offer to host pictures for AR15.com, but I have a limited bandwidth situation here.  I will do it on a limited basis though for people that need the help.  

Here's the way I did it, {IMG}www.mydomain.com/images/trophy.jpg{/IMG} but use brackets instead of braces.

Edited to fix an oopsy.  [:D]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#9]
did you have to remind us of that?
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice red X
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 5:08:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah, the way everyone is injured they probably won't get another one.... :(

Bulldog
View Quote

They'll be OK - their performance in the first quarter of the game Thursday night proves that. They have enough depth to cover their injuries for now, but if too many more go out, it'll be trouble.
It sure was hard to go to work Friday morning after all those high dollar stadium beers!
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 5:40:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They'll be OK - their performance in the first quarter of the game Thursday night proves that. They have enough depth to cover their injuries for now, but if too many more go out, it'll be trouble.
It sure was hard to go to work Friday morning after all those high dollar stadium beers!
View Quote

Hey Gus,

Stop by the controll room next time you are at the stadium and say hi.

Ask for Matt
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 6:25:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 6:33:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey Gus,

Stop by the controll room next time you are at the stadium and say hi.

Ask for Matt
View Quote

Matt - Thanks for the offer!!!!!  I'll be there next on opening day. BTW, I work only a few blocks away on S Charles St. and did a lot of the cable locating prep work for the stadium when it was being built. My former employer had a big fiber cable running near the CSX tracks and I had to spend endless hours making sure it didn't get dug up. Happily in my new job, I don't have to bother with cable locates, which take too much time away from the REAL job....
Plus, since I changed jobs, I got to miss out on all the train fire hoopala that destroyed the cable that I use to have to protect.

This pic will give you an idea of where my office is located....

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/Uz/zu/vr/zV22012.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top