Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2001 1:58:39 AM EDT
I am going to Boston soon on business but dont want to stay cooped up in the motel all week.  Any suggestions on what to do or where to go?
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:08:02 AM EDT
[#1]
You in DP too? Just figured, up all night.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:42:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Well i'm from Boston, where to start! First of all, Harvard square is about the best place to just hang around. Lots of women, good food, and don't forget, Boston is a drinkin town. A couple of stops down from the red line (subway), is davis square. In Davis square, just past Harvard square, is a place called red bones. Best fucking BBQ ever, they have a room downstairs with about 30 beers on tap from all around the world. What you absolutely must do is go to Fenway park, the park won't be there very soon, and the Red Sox, well.......Fenway is right on lansdown street, all clubs, all women. Best place to go around there for food and drinks is Boston Beer Works. Visit the USS Constitution. Drink some harpoon for me when you are there. Peace.    [beer]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:55:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I was going to try and catch a Red Sox game while up there but my luck they are away when I am up there!!![>(]  I'll find something to do though, I'm sure!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Go to Minute Man National Historic Park in Lexington, Concord, and Lincoln, MA- the Park Service and volunteers have worked very hard on restoring as much of the Battle Road (Shot heard Round The World)  in Lincoln and Concord to much of what it looked like in April 1775.

You'll also see, if you go there on Sept. 9 (Sunday) a few of us re-created Redcoats in His Majesty's 40th Regt. of Foot there (http://members.aol.com/HM40thfoot/)

Concord and Lexington 1775- a good reason to let the people keep and bear arms.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Go check out the musket with the trigger lock at Fanuil Hall. A monument to the stupidity of gun control laws.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Whatever you do, get one of those laminated or spiral bound DETAILED street maps of Boston.  I am not so sure a GPS or orienteering compass would be out of line.  

Boston streets are very "Interesting".  

I grew up in uptown Manhattan, but I have to say that I like Boston as much as any city I have been to.  Of course, the fact that I was getting laid there on a regular basis might have had something to do with my sunny disposition.  34Ds'll do that to a fella.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh yeah, on Mass Av, less than a mile from the Havahd department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, is Roach's Sporting Goods.  The last time I was there, they had some beautiful O/U multiple guage sets, a custom .475 Wildey, a Valmet AK, and a bunch of other stuff.  

If you can engage the charming Old Men who own the place in good conversation, you'll be entertained for a while.  

They're good folks, but they must be stubborn as all fuck to have a nice gun store in Cambridge Mass.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:30:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I concur, Roach's is most certainly a nice place to visit if you get the chance.

It's also funny ( Scary? ) for outsiders to see the prices on MA handguns...
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I also agree on roaches sporting goods. I lived a few blocks from there years ago. That place is literally an oasis! Small world [:d]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#10]
RE excessive handgun prices-- Guess that's the price of freedom in Mass. Hey at least it's not Great Britain.  

When I was still going out with a gal attending H, I was planning on moving all my junk to Cambridge or the Athol area, but that's all out the window thank providence.  Cripes, I couldn't believe the forests in Mass.  I could haul ass off road in them in a Yugo for @#$% sake.

What's that gun club out near N Pomfret or Orange or whatever?  The people I met were a good bunch.  I was walking around on the Harvard Experimental Forest, heard gun shots and (stupidly) stated walking towards them with a big fat grin on my face.  Eventually after a nice stroll through the woods, I came upon a bunch of skeet shooters.  Real nice bunch.  

Good luck to all the shooters in Mass, and I mean that sincerely.  They have a pretty state.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"Boston is a drinkin town"
That's because if you're sober you can't find your way around town. Roads built following cow paths. Cows being herded by drunken farmers. Drunk because they threw all the tea into the harbor.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Buy a unregistered DIAS at the motel 1 day shipping and use a fake name...
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I strongly recommend going to the USS Constitution.  Bunker Hill is a short walk from there as well.  In fact, walk the Freedom Trail.  You'll see both of them and other neat landmarks like Paul Revere's house and the Old North Church.

If you want to drink some beer and check out the rather attractive babes that seem to be plentiful this time of year, go to Fanuil Hall and hit a couple of the bars.  The Purple Shamrock is a good one.  

One sad thing about this place is that this is where our country began.  It is now populated by mostly Ted Kennedy-supporting communists.  A bunch of crazy right-wing gun nuts started it a a bridge in a small town called Concord about 20 miles east of there.  My favorite symbol of freedom is the Minuteman Statue at the North Bridge.  I'd love to take a picture of myself standing in front of it holding a CAR-15, but the Park Police will probably shoot me dead before I got out of the car.

Enjoy...
Regards,
SOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top