Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2001 10:42:12 PM EDT
I finally got the nerve up to try this attempt at closing the gun show loophole product. The popcorn had no depth of flavor at all and the texture was very dry; it was like eating styrofoam packaging material. As to the "kettle corn" flavoring, the taste of sweet/salty is so weak it would be the equivalent of putting a teaspoon of kool aid in a gallon of water. There is something there but it is barely noticeable so why bother?

In conclusion I have to say, SHAME, SHAME, SHAME, for trying (a very weak attempt at that) to shut down all of the hard working Kettle Corn entrepreneurs that bring smiles to the faces of countless thousands at gun shows. To the Kettle Corn vendors, I salute you for always having a superior product that the FDCGHs will never know how to appreciate since they will always eat microwaved faux foods while sitting in front of a computer screen schemeing to bring down the economy even more by creating another soon to fail net company.

I would to have liked to post accompanying pics, but I am still being blocked from saving any pics to the server here.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Where'd you get 2 bucks?
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#2]
ouch!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't I warn you.

Only eat real kettle corn, and only from a gun show, county fair, or farmers market.

For the microwave: Pop Secret Homestyle. It is the ONLY choice.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:03:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Try ActII butter lovers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:06:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Confederate is spot on, the Butter Lover's flavor is quite enjoyable.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#6]
It is even better with 1/2 stick of the real stuff in it also.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For the microwave: Pop Secret Homestyle. It is the ONLY choice.
View Quote

AMEN brother!
My favorite as well!

Tyler
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#8]
If you have a Costco nearby, pick up a box of Kettle Corn by Jolly Time. It tastes sooooooooooooo good.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Well crap! I just bought a box of ActII Kettle Corn today.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I hate to ask this but is kettle corn just a west coast thing?  This weekend I went to the Jefferson county fair [:E] and scoured the place looking for kettle corn to no avail.
I don't even remember ever seeing it at any gunshows, just beef jerky.

I ended up stuffing my face with a few funnel cakes instead. [:P]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Of course Kettle Corn from the Kettle is the best, who wouldn't agree with that.  But since no one has set a kettle up on my corner to supply the neighborhood, the microwave will do.

Jolly Time is too sweet and scorches very easily, I don't get the bag's worth.  Act III is definatly superior.  Better yet, pop a bag of your favorite regular popcorn and a bag of Kettle Corn and toss them together.  A surprise in every bite!
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 11:13:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm still a slave to the gunshow popcorn vendors. My 13 year old $100 microwave is too under-powered to make popcorn. To add insult to injury, its mechanical timer is broken, so I need to keep track of cooking times with my Rolex.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top