Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2001 6:48:05 PM EDT
See [url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010823/ts/life_glider_dc.html[/url] for more information.

Idiot...
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:08:27 AM EDT
[#1]
He's French.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:14:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:17:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#4]
You should expect this from the same people who routinely try to piss out, sit on, or otherwise extinguish their own "eternal flame" commemorating WWI. These are also the people who erected an "Arch of Triumph" and then proceeded to lose every part of every subsequent war they were involved in.
Poodle-"not so proud of my french heritage"-shooter
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember trying to order a Big Mac in Montreal. The girl pretended to not know what a Big Mac is becuase I ordered in English.

I really wonder why Disney opened their European park in France. Doesn't France really hate American culture (come to think about it, they hate all culture except their own).
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#6]
The people IDOLIZE Jerry Lewis.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Two jokes just for the French.

Why are the streets of Paris lined with trees?

So the Germans can march in the shade!

How many tank divisions does it take to defend Paris?

Nobody knows, its never been tried!

HA!HA!HA!HA!  The only French troops I respect are the French Foreing Legion, and they aren't French.

[kill]

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Pardon mois, but that's [u]Monsieur[/u] MORON to you![:D]

He's French, you know. Maybe he was just checking out the French people's gift to US, see if we were taking good care of Lady Liberty!

If so, just tell him that we're finished with it now, the French people can have it back now!

Eric The(HeyLady!PutOutThatLamp!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#9]
He probably talks like PEPE LE PEW!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#10]
What bothers me most about this story is how many charges were filed against him--state and federal crimes.  They took him away in handcuffs.  Our government is arbitrary abuse of power--we can be arrested for anything at any time.  One of the charges was "disorderly conduct."  That's pretty vague.

The other item worthy of mention:  On Liberty Island, as you get off the ferry, there is a sign that reads: "All your belongings may be subject to search and seizure at any time."

Land of the free my ass.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Your right it's not like he needed to be rescued, by people that were putting themselves in danger to rescue him, oh wait he did something really stupid. He could have injured or killed himself or one of the people trying to rescue him.

Not to mention using a public monument as a hang glider catcher. Do you think the Statue of Liberty deserves dumbasses smacking into it?? Do you think it's possibe to damage that 100+ year old monument by hang gliding into it??

What if instead of getting caught in the torch he had bounced off, collapsing his 'chute, do you think the falling idiot could have hurt or killed someone if he landed on them?  
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#12]
What I think is that it's just a dumb statue that currently has more "rights" than I do.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top