Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2001 1:55:52 PM EDT
my buddy and i went bass fishing the last two weekends in a row and on two different lakes and had two different people pull the same crap with us. ok two guys on pwc's (or seadoos) just thought it would be fun to mess with the guys fishin by pulling up next to us and splashing water on us with those pos pwc's. what would you do? one person suggested filling a super soaker with india ink. bad idea because of carpet. next person said bring a fake gun. real bad idea. any suggestions????thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
my buddy and i went bass fishing the last two weekends in a row and on two different lakes and had two different people pull the same crap with us. ok two guys on pwc's (or seadoos) just thought it would be fun to mess with the guys fishin by pulling up next to us and splashing water on us with those pos pwc's. what would you do? one person suggested filling a super soaker with india ink. bad idea because of carpet. next person said bring a fake gun. real bad idea. any suggestions????thanks in advance
View Quote
                                              water baloon slingshot......maybe some m80`s
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:05:18 PM EDT
[#2]
sling shot.......excellent
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
A Flaregun, BB gun, Fullauto Airsoft, fire extinguisher, potattoe gun, slingshot, chase them down with your faster boat and scare the shit out of them. I own a PWC, and I am very aware of people around me. They really piss me off when they tear through the no wake zone, those bastards..........

[X]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Get a POS rod and string a bunch of 3 prong hooks on the line. Cast the line onto the guy when the pull that crap. You can always claim it was an accident because he startled you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess it would be a crying shame for one of those poor jet skiers to accidently get caught up in a trot line, bait net, or a trebble hook.
Yes that would be a cryimg shame.
Or if you have a really fast boat and washed them out, that to would be a crying shame.
[pissed]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:15:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Close enough to splash you, you say?  

How about a treble-hook lure?  Cast that sucker just right and they can tow your boat around on 30-lb. test line with their thigh.

"Oops!  Guess you got too close to our boat!  Gotta look out for those lines when we're casting!  You could lose an eye!" [}:D]

(Great minds must think alike!)
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#7]
we always a 3/4 ounce slab tied on for sand bass.....ouch
rattle trap would do a good job also i bet..
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Hook there ass man!

Get biiiiiiiiig snach hook and a big ass salt water poll and hook the crap out of them and snach his ass off of that thing.[}:D]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Down heah in Floduh, we's call 'em "Sea Fleas"

When you are fishing on the pier, and they scoot by to take a look (scaring off all the damn fish) it can pis the dudes off.
When I was there weekly, the group of guys and I alternated days bringing a shitty rod with a 8oz egg sinker tied to the end.
Whenever one would shoot by, we would try and bomb him with it.
It got so fun, we all brought extra polls meant only for trying to bombard the sea fleas...
It became more fun than the fishing!
Poor suckers.. When we would really hit one, it would totally knock them off the Jet Ski, and clutching wherever the sinker hit..
Probably broke a few bones, but the assholes were getting out of line.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#11]
How about a spear gun or two?
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Thay make bear repellent now.. it is really just capsum in a small fire extinguisher.

I would guess it might feel pretty bad if used on someone without a shirt on...

course, it could get wrapped up with some lead sinkers and be dropped overboard afterwards and you could forget you ever had it....
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#13]
use to happen to me sometimes on the river between the jetskiers and the folks in boats that park right out where you cast.  a 8 to 10 ounce sinker makes a big dent in a boat and does wonders to windows and flesh.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#15]
practive your casting "oops sorry man was aiming over there then you came zipping by"
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A paintball gun on bare skin would hurt awfull bad!!!
View Quote

And dont forget to turn the velocity to max!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Seadoos, skidoos, pwc's, whatever you want to call them are good for one thing..........
target practice!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#18]
You would be amazed at how far a wrist rocket will skip a good flat rock.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#19]
put sugar in there gas tank if you see them at the dock. [;)]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I would just step on my Hot Foot and give the SOB a Mercury 250 lower unit dent in his head! Ok, maybe that is a bad idea.

I have a 21' Ranger and I know what it is like to be hassled by JetSki punks. I love to send a rooster tail out when they are right behind me. It kinda makes them NOT SEE when I come to a fast slow down and then a hard right/left.

We had a JetSki hang up in our tow line once. It about tore off his arm. How the line came up under his right arm is a unknow to me. I guess he seen the line to late and tried to bail at the last minute. I am glad he did not take his head off. I should have kept going but we stopped and got him to the campground where the EMT's met us.
BTW my GF was not hurt when he tore the ski line from her hands.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Post a pic of your gf.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Dynamite.

[grenade]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:22:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Paintball gun! I dont have one but would if someone did that to me. [:)]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#25]
well all those jetskis have to have a trailer to get them around, so... LET THE AIR OUT OF THE TIRES

if yer a mean sumbitch, Slash the trailer tires
lots of those guys dont have a spare or only 1, never 2
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:47:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Whatever happened to a good, old-fashioned ass kicking?
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:39:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:49:43 AM EDT
[#28]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sailor570/pwchelp.htm

I don't know how to do the link.  Website for PWC protection.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:33:09 AM EDT
[#29]
all are excellent replies. we are going to look at paint ball guns tomorrow. i want a fully auto pwc anihlater. i will keep you guys posted. we probaly wont be fishing for awhile since dove season is coming on the 1st.

"ColonelKlink
Get the number of the side of the craft and report them:)"  
this is probaly the best idea.
and if this fails it will be time "for an good old fashion ass kickin"
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:35:33 AM EDT
[#30]
A Daisey Red Rider ( $24.00 ) will put a welt on them they will never forget.  If the authorities come, pitch it over the side and deny everything.

Been there, done that.  It works!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:58:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Simple problem, simple answer.  Fire a shotgun over them.  The blast, and the millions of 8 1/2 shot landing on them will scare them enough.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:13:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A paintball gun on bare skin would hurt awfull bad!!!
View Quote

And dont forget to turn the velocity to max!
View Quote

I second that!

Tyler
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:46:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Wouldn't it be better to simply jot down the registration numbers on the sides of the personal water craft and have a complaint filed with the local authorities/coast guard?  

I'm a responsible personal watercraft operator and the thought of someone slashing the tires on my trailer would really piss me off. I'll admit there are ALOT of dicks out on the water so I'm sure they'll get what they deserve, just make sure you don't get in trouble in the process.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#34]
While Waverunner has a point, a wristrocket would probably be more satisfying.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Was giving a tow to a fellow boater on Biscayne Bay a few years back, putting out some wake, and a guy thought it would be fun to jump our wake, again and again. Had a weapon(more than 1) but didn't want to actually murder him, thought about it. Swearing, threatening, fist-shaking,
...didn't work. Know what did ? Coming up on deck with a video camera to record his activity and hull number. Gone in a flash. I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, I once treated a ski-boat to several hunder feet of mono around their prop, judging from the way the line took off.  Guess that won't work on the jet-ski's though.

I can understand why they like to zoom around, it's like a motorcycle on the water.  They do give you a ride - fantastic acceleration.

Too bad these jerks have no sense of community.  How many of these guys do you suppose do any fishing of their own?

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Get an airsoft gun or two.  Get an AEG if you can keep it dry, get a GBB if you may get it wet.  AEG's...well you can get about anything you want.  MP5k? AK47?  M4A1?  GBB's... any pistol you want...but keep it full auto, those jetskis could be difficult.  I would recommend the G18C for that, TMP, or a PK 3.9.

Guaranteed to scare the shit out of anyone :-)

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm not posting anything new here, but fish hooks and sinkers can make a mean weapon. Paintball guns also a good idea. Slashing tires also a good one.

P.S., spraying anybody with pepper spray never seems to get you into trouble with the law, as long as you stick with the story that they were fucking with you. Even if they tell a different story. It seems cops generaly look upon pepper spray as completely defensive, which it would be in your case of course.

At least that's been my experiance. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#39]
I have heard about how hard it is to get a ski rope out of the impeller when they get sucked into the intake.  Some floating netting perhaps just drifting along with you.

Hell you could just watch them try to get it out without a pocket knife.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I have heard about how hard it is to get a ski rope out of the impeller when they get sucked into the intake
View Quote

Amen. I sucked up a ski-rope in my Seadoo. A fu*king nightmare.
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 5:55:04 AM EDT
[#41]
How good is your throwing arm?

Eggs...

Tomatoes...

Water balloons... (my Last choice)
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Get the number of the side of the craft and report them:)
View Quote

Probably the best idea.
The ones suggesting hooks etc shure sound good[X]
Only problem is(Thinking about how the FUCKING nature nazis with earth first and the sierra club strung piano wire on trails, neck high, on trails in Cali a few years ago to keep those "Evil off-roaders from raping the forrest".Or those same fuckheads who spiked trees in the pacific northwest to keep evil loggers away from trees.
Several people severly hurt and a few killed.)

I agree with Garand Shooter about the paintball gun for the next best idea.
However, A spear gun ala Chaingun.HMMMM!!LOL!
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#43]
If your interested, i have a 2000 autococker paintball gun for sale.  The most accurit PB gun, fires from a closed bolt.

Includes alot of crap you would need to buy with a new gun, it is like new

email if anyone is intesded

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 12:02:39 AM EDT
[#44]
You can get pepper spray shells for both 12ga and 37mm launchers.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 4:04:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have heard about how hard it is to get a ski rope out of the impeller when they get sucked into the intake.  Some floating netting perhaps just drifting along with you.

Hell you could just watch them try to get it out without a pocket knife.  
View Quote

Besides getting the registration #'s and reporting them,  something like this was my first idea.  I was thinking of something to get ingested into the watercraft engines.  Something like the popcorn you get from shipping boxes.  Not sure if it would do any harm, but it would probably litter the water too much.  Bad idea on the popcorn.   I guess small pieces of floating net all tied together so you can recover is a pretty good idea.   But, if you are fishing, it would probably mess you up more.  hmm.    Report it. [:)]  Then if that doesn't work, paintball time.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:35:54 AM EDT
[#46]
If your state has fisherman protection laws call the water patrol, or wildlife police, or whoever enforces it.  Once they are arrested file a civil suit against them for loss of your enjoyment of a day fishing, or for damage to your boat.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#47]
we settled with a cell phone and pen and paper.
its against texas state law to get within 50 feet of another vessel, so we will turn them over to the game warden. they will probaly only get a slap on the wrist, but its better than nothing. then if we get sick of it enough i have one of those little baseball bats and...........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top