Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2001 8:05:59 PM EDT
I talked to my buddy from Saskatchewan and he told me about how he was shooting at a range one day and someone came up to him interested in his AR-15, the man inspected a mag so my friend decided to shoot off a few rounds to show him how well the rifle could perform, then he let the man try a few shots, when all was said and done the man walked away and my friend could no longer find the mag the man had been playing with (it was pretty easy to figure out cause he had just used one that was already in the weapon and another from his range bag but couldn’t find his 3rd and only other mag that he had left on the table). Has anything like this happened to you?
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope,

But I left a 17 round Glock 17 mag at the range once... never to be seen again. Even after I went back and asked if anyone had saw it.

Does that count?
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]

[size=4]No.[/size=4]

I've heard the stories before (I remember a member here getting his Glock ripped off at a range two years ago). But except for a "perfect score" stolen by the wind (That's my story, & I'm sticking to it damn it!)... No - I've never been ripped off at any range,,,, not smart, just lucky I guess (so far).
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
If you steal things from a location where people are shooting, you need to be taken out of the gene pool.

Almost a good as the robbers who hold up gun stores. What the hell are those people thinking?!?! [whacko]

Editied because the edit icon was mocking me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#4]
My virginity was stolen at the range. [>(]

[sex]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 1:12:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a four pack of ak mags stolen at the last houston shoot in june,also from what I remember ezra coli had one mag stolen at the same shoot.
I think that is pretty brave or stupid to do that at the range!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 3:22:44 AM EDT
[#6]
What would you all have done if you caught the thief red handed?
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:01:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Not really, but... about five years ago I was at a highpower match at our local club.  I had taken a large bowl of grapes with me when I headed out that morning.  Got to the match and thought " I'll just save  these for after the match".  Should be refreshing.  After the match I hop in the truck, and no grapes.  I thought maybe I was confused do to the fact that it was pretty early when I left home that morning. Still, couldn't believe I had eaten all those grapes and not remembered.  Well, I get home, and notice my pager is missing. It had been in my truck also!  WTF!  About an hour later, a friend, and the highpower director from our club, calls and asks if I'm missing a pager.  Seems that his little bastard kid, age 9, had gotten in my truck, eaten my grapes, and stolen my pager!  On the way home from the match my wife had tried to page me.  That's when my buddy found the pager under HIS car seat.  I'm sure the kid wasn't punished, and I know that wasn't the last time he got in trouble like that.  I now lock my truck at our matches.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:28:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I have never had it happen, but I always worry because I usually take my whole safe to the range.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I will post one for the positive side.  Two weeks ago I left a nice set of ear muffs at the range.  Later in the day I noticed they were gone.  I called the range and someone had turned them in.

Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]
NO! I have never had anything stolen at the range, BUT! I did build some nice IDPA target holders that I left at our gun clubs range for other members to use to set up combat courses, and do you know what happened? someone with a muzzle loader shot them to shit and threw them in the creek that ran along side the range,yes some people need to be removed from the gene pool.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Only thing I lost at the range was my ego
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes.  Someone walked off with one 7-round Shooting Star and one 8-round Wilson Combat mag I had in the front pocket of my shooting bag (exposed).  Needless to say, I'm pretty pi**ed off about it, too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#13]
never had anything stolen but did leave behind a pair of muffs. I got them back. I remember 1 guy left a bag full of handguns behind when he learned we were doing range repair and he could come back another day. He got those back too.

Fred
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#14]
A month and a half ago I had a Kimber Classic Custom .45 stolen from me at the range.  We had about 50 guns with us, so we didn't notice until that night when we were cleaning the guns.  I believe the guy who did it was with a group of kids who came up to the range with their girlfriends.  The reall bitch of it is, I let a couple of the little crapheads but a few belts through my MAG-58.

Some people really suck.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I few months ago was I leaving one of the local ranges when the rangemaster yelled after me, "Hey, I don't think you want to forget this!"  I walked back and sure enough I had left my wife's brand spanking new Ruger GP100 on one of the benches.  It's her favorite gun and she was a tad cranky with me after that.

You would think I learned after that, but the next time out I, like a few others here, left my ear muffs.  The rangemaster held onto them until I returned.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I was shooting my AR one day. My brass flew out at about a 45 degree angle towards the right rear of me. this guy with a broom gently takes my brass and stays there waiting for me to finish a 30rd mag while collecting all the brass. I sure hope he's happy!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#17]
My debit card, of all things.  $1400 in charges racked up, including over $200 in fees.  I was stupide enough to not call it in missing fast enough...though when all was said and done I got all the money back.  I will STILL need to make sure it hasn't affected my credit, though.

Yeah...I can't believe someone is stupid enough to steal from people in a shooting range.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Never, have I had anything stolen at the range.
Jim Hall
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Had a shooting buddy remove a pistol from my
range bag after I packed it up while I was putting other gear in the truck.
I was frantic when I got home and unloaded the bag. I always do a check of my gear before I close it up to head home and Knew it was in the
bag. Wasn't trying to swipe it, just playing a joke. He knew what I wanted when his phone rang.

Borrowed his extra car keys and moved his car
from the parking lot where he worked to a lot around the corner 4 months after my incident.
I never let on or fessed up. he still has no clue what happened.. payback is a bitch
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I've never had anything missing at the range.

On another note, part of my range time is at organized/regulated ranges, the other is at 'middle of nowhere' or 'shooting pit' type places where I commonly find myself the only one there shooting.  I'm always mindful to have at least one loaded firearm on me to avoid that "Silverado syndrome."
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 5:52:25 AM EDT
[#21]
I had a couple of M1 Carbine 30 rounders disappear from me one the range, several years ago.

About a year and a half ago, I dropped a couple of hi-cap Glock 21 magazines at about the 10 yard line on a pistol range during reload drills and forgot to pick them up. Since the old days, I started marking my magazines with my name and Driver's License #. I got them back about a month later, never realizing that they were missing.

Unfortunately, they were returned by one of my supervisors during a "training" day. I did a large number of push-ups and sprints to pay for my sins. I did 10 pushups and one 50 yard sprint for each round that the magazines were capable of holding. Ouch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top