Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2001 7:37:03 PM EDT
just saw the old planet of the apes on DVD. i want one of those guns! i know they used m1 carbines with funky stocks anyone know where i can get one?
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#1]
No, actually they were High Point carbines.  About $160.00.  Today.

[img]www.gunsamerica.com/upload/22406381.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
you must get mark walburg to fly his spac epod through a magic time-electro-storm cloud and retreve one from ape world.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Just want to warn you about the "planet of the apes gun"...

It sucks.

Friend bought one thinking it would be cool. We took it out, each shot a mag through it, and promptly put it away. He sold it a month later.

Edit
Wow!!! I didn't know about the wooden ones. I was refering to the pic above (that was not an enjoyable firearm to shoot).
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Cyrax777 - I don't remember seeing an M1 in the movie, but its been a while since I've seen the original...a very long while.  Apparently you're right though. Check out this link...

[url]http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0100/137.htm[/url]

I knew they used dressed up Madsen M50's (very cool SMG, by the way...).  It doesn't sound like there's more than one or two of the carbines out there.  Stembridge and another one or two of the big movie gun suppliers in CA went under in the past few years so it may be very difficult to track down.  You might start with Long Mountain Outfitters (www.longmountain.com) Dan Shea had quite a bit of dealings with Stembridge and might have a lead for you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:14:36 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Cinema/7171/

Check the "Simian Arms" website: I copied this from there: HERO RIFLE. This is a hero rifle from the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes. No hero rifle doesn't mean it was reserved for the heroes of the film. In this case it means that it is a working prop used in close-up scenes. This rifle consists of a brown-painted two piece metal shell. It was custom made by 20th Century Fox to fit around a WWII M1 Carbine rifle. It was utilized by the 'gorillas' in the training sequence of the film as well as the invasion of the 'mutant' lair. It is also quite prominently featured through out the Planet of the Apes television series. One very interesting feature of this rifle is that the bayonet is still intact. Due to the fact that the bayonets kept slipping out of the rifle during filming of the Apes television series, Fox cut most of the bayonets from their rifles. (Many detailed pictures are there as well!)Have fun!

Gotta go to work now!
Dave
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:09:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Ahha!,
That's what that Sack of Sh__ at the gun shop told me, he was trying to sell me one of those High Point POSs.  You were right.  Here is a pic.  All I could find for sale were non-shooting replicas.

[img]www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Cinema/7171/heropage.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top