Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2001 5:58:10 PM EDT
Jack.Black Lab,born 1980,Seattle,Washington.The best hunting dog around.Retired in 1996,Atlanta,Ga.Damn I miss him!
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
it's a long story, but it was a boxer chow
mix. we called the dog head. the head on this animal was huge. black short hair, looked like
a gargoyle with the black tongue,weighed 75
pounds.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Ubu (pronounced oo-boo).  

*1985 +1996

135 pound Black lab and Newfoundland mix.

The most gentle and hard working dog I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.  Damn handsome too.  I miss him [>Q]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Caspers.  Steam 'em myself. With a little mustard and onion. Perfection.

Oh, puppy dogs.  I like all my dogs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
i have to say all my dogs were good.

But id have to say the 100 pound giant snouzer that i have to recently put down due to old age quality of life issues.He was one of my very best friends for 13 years.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Peggy Sue.Aierdale. 1984-1996. Ugly as heck, but loyal, dependable, great with the kids,not a mean bone in her body but got her bluff in on a lot strangers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I still have my best dog, Scooter, a tri-color 15 inch beagle. Age 13 yrs, weight proportional (yeah, right, he weighs 55 lbs!)

Eric The(He'sMy'RoadDog')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Junior

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/tylerdurden1201%2Fj7%2EJPG[/img]

ADBA Registered American Pit Bull Terrier. At 55lbs, he jumped a 8ft privacy fence in my backyard and was hit by a car.

RIP noble friend [:(]

Tyler
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Ahh this makes me think of "Crappers", my faithful golden retriever. She was the best damned bitch any man could wish for. Wasnt too bright though. She always kept eating the small garden pebbles, actually thats why we called her "Crappers". I sure miss the old bitch.

She wasnt too brave either, wouldnt raise a paw if there were any intruders. Oh, and she was unlucky as all hell. The neighbor saw her get hit by lightning one day...guess I shouldnt have strapped her down with such a large metal chain. Oh well, sure do miss the ol'bitch.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Eric the Hun,my current Best damn dog is also a beagle."Little Man"weighs only 35 lbs,but he could whoop a grizzly,as far as he is concerned!
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#10]
When I moved to where I live now, which was about 10yrs ago, We found a blue heeler mix stray. Since we didn't have a dog we decided to let him stay. We have had many dogs while living here, but he is the only one to stay alive. I guess you could call it bad luck, but every single dog we have had besides "Spot" has died.

A total of 7 dogs. 4 were ran over by cars. 2 of those 4 were ran over by my own brother on the way to school.[:(] We had a rat terrier, it ran away. Had a Rhodeshian Ridgeback mix it got ate bye a coyote or bobcat.

And we had just a plain mut. This one is sad, but funny at the same time. Me and my brother were hunting on the back of our property. We were following the railroad tracks for about 2 miles until we reached a bridge we crossed. About halfway across we heard a train so we ran across and got off the tracks. Well the dog( not one of the smartest ones we have owned) got scared halfway across the brige when she heard the horn. The train was 400yds off. We called he to come to us but she wouldn't move. It was too late. The Train honked it's horn and plowed into the dog. I saw the dog fly back a good 20ft after impact. It was sad to see the dog die like that, but I couldn't help but fall over laughing at a Train hitting a dog[:D] She bit the dust hard, but I guess if your that dumb you deserve to die.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Reply to araddict -
Yeah I know what'cha mean. Scooter has that characteristic Beagle stubborness about him that let's me know that, while he [u]may[/u]recognize my dominant status, he's got his own little agenda that must be attended to as well!

Eric The(AcceptThatLittleQuirkAndAll'sOK)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh man, you all just brought a tear to my eye.

Her name was Kaaner and she was German Shepard / Collie mix.  Beautiful coloring and body type.

My ex-girlfriend and I got her from the pound when she was a youngster.  My ex thought that if she just bought the dog, that the dog would be sooo greatful, it would immediately love her.

So she was upset that the dog liked me better, not figuring in all the time I spend brushing her, feeding her, running with her, training her.  Kaaner and I got along so well that when my ex and I got into arguments, she'd get in between us and growl at my ex.  (Notice I don't ever use my ex's name?)

Anyway, when my ex and I broke up, she took my fucking dog, saying it was hers.

And that was that.  I came home one day to find my dog gone.

NEVER, EVER LIVE WITH SOMEONE AND GET A PET TOGETHER.

Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#13]
She bit the dust hard, but I guess if your that dumb you deserve to die.
View Quote

that would be natural selection
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Jeb. Golden Retriever named after James Ewell Brown Stuart(1833-1864) Major General CSA

For many years Jeb accompanied me on hiking and camping & even canoeing trips. A very smart & loyal companion.

Heat stoke got him.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Still got him.  Max is his name.  A full bred  10 yr old Akita.  Loving, loyal, adventerous, playful and mean as hell if needed but his sister is way meaner.

Sure wish someone would try to break in.  Would be a lot easier if the burglar brought a bag of cheesburgers though.   [:D]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#16]
about 6 years ago in some border town man was that taco good
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#17]
[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/038/jk/Om/YT/A236156.jpg[/img][img]wsphotofews.excite.com/028/As/Ed/g9/IL99979.jpg[/img]

[b]SHEBA 1987-2000 Shepard/Husky mix.           Scary smart. VERY missed.[/b]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I had a yellow Lab once named Hoss, you could throw a rock about the size of your fist in the middle of the lake and Hoss would dive under and retreve it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Best darned dog I ever had is a red merle Aussie and he's still with me. Got him when he was a year old, and I must say he is the smartest by far of any dogs I've had. His name is "Lucky Chance" and he certainly has more brain power and common sense than any antigun liberal. I don't have a picture but that's his dad sitting on the buckboard, on the right: [url]http://www.namascusa.com/about.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Spoof.  100# full blooded Golden Ret.  Eyes are misting.  Other than working, this dog was my constant companion.  We went through some really tough times as well as some great times together.  When the wife and I got married we "honeymooned" in town because we wouldn't leave Spoof.  Didn't like other dogs and was the only Golden to growl at my Vet.; not mean, just looked him right in the eye and gave him a "don't mess with me" growl.  Lost him to some type of blood cancer.  Hardest thing I ever did was have him put down after he collaped.  Our e-mail is named after him.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#21]
USNvet----I just saw a program on Animal Planet about the Aussie Shep.. Very active and smart  dogs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:36:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I still have my best dog, Scooter, a tri-color 15 inch beagle. Age 13 yrs, weight proportional (yeah, right, he weighs 55 lbs!)

Eric The(He'sMy'RoadDog')Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

----------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Eric the Hun,my current Best damn dog is also a beagle."Little Man"weighs only 35 lbs,but he could whoop a grizzly,as far as he is concerned!
View Quote

My buddy makes 3 Beagles!
I have had other dogs but by far my Beagle is the best! God I love this little guy! He's 4 years old and still just like a puppy.If you never had a Beagle it's hard to understand but they are trully special dogs.

John
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I cannot confirm
the actual donor species from
which the meat originated
but the mystery kabobs
in Patong Beach were outta sight.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#24]
The two boys I own now :)
Rommel
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/6u/K9/nh/Df32035.jpg[/img]
Enzo
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/cz/AA/eL/Cb95463.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#25]
I can say without a doubt that my Best Dog Award goes to my current pride and joy, Maggie.

Maggie is a full blooded Jack Russell Terrier and is the most intelligent, loving and cocky little animal I have ever seen.

At 7.5 mos. old she can more than hold her own in playing with my mother's pit bull where tenacity, aggression and toughness are the prerequisites.

She sleeps with me, eats with me, rides with me, and makes every move that I do at home.

The intelligence of the Jack, mine at least, is scarry at the bare minimum.  She thinks, reasons, plans and remembers.  The dog has learned words just by listening to household conversation that we never intended to teach her.

Perfect example of intelligence, strength and character.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Dog we rescued from the pound...broken tail, left ear bit off in fight, blind in right eye from same fight, walked with a distinct limp, and was just neutered when we got him.  Answered to the name "LUCKY" (j/k)  [:D][:D]

Really, it would have to me my Rottie i have now.  Ceasar, 2 years old, 120#...pretty good dog.  Very good with our 5 month old daughter and very protective of her.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 12:22:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"Little Man"weighs only 35 lbs,but he could whoop a grizzly,as far as he is concerned!
View Quote

Did you mean "whup"?
KenS
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 1:00:13 AM EDT
[#28]
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=941637&a=6889534&p=53214070&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]Punchy
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:47:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Date: 1974
Place: Mainland China
Restuarant: Mao Joes

It was a mixed breed, marinated in ginger and soy.  Stir fried in peanut oil with a side of fried rice. UMmmm best dog I ever had....

Couldn't resist [:)]  

Actually best dog I had was a Black Lab "Roger" he lived to be 13.  Still miss him, Mom, Dad, and I cried like babies when he passed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#30]
btw: Anyone in the West Ky area want a ENERGETIC Black lab/malamute mix?  I have to move and cant keep her.  Its either find someone to take her or Animal Shelter....
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:57:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Trrrr--oooo---pppp----eerrrrrr
trooper scout dog is my aussie shepard, 1.5 yrs, a red tri, trooper loves to jump and catch the frisbee and handball.  He has amazing form and grace.  He loves horses.  [^]

he takes care of his family, my wife can walk in the awhatukee foothills without fear of being attacked on the golf course or the south mountian park.  

Trooper is also the smartest dog i've ever had.  We are now hooked on aussies.  We expect to get a black tri in a few months

Aussies are the best.
Aussies are the best.
Aussies are the best.
Aussies are the best.
Aussies are the best.
Aussies are the best.
Aussies are the best.
Aussies are the best.
Aussies are the best.

Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:00:13 AM EDT
[#32]
[puke]

About 3 months ago,  disguised as sweet and sour pork,  wasn't too bad! [:D]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:00:25 AM EDT
[#33]
"http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/wraith/dog"
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#34]
A boxer I had when I was a kid. Next best dog is the one I currently have, a Lakeland Terrier.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#35]
I have only owned two dogs since leaving home.  One, a golden retriever named Royal in 1995.  The second one, a female golden retriever, in 1998, her name is Sydney.  They are my two babies.  I would do anything for them.  They have gotten me thru tough times in life.  They add sooooo much to my everyday life.  Dogs are mans best friend.  Wish I had pic's to share.  This article made me go in hug them.
Ralph
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:54:23 AM EDT
[#36]
[b]Barkley.  1991 - 2000[/b]

A 65 pound boxer.  A fierce protector of his family, and a loyal friend.

He saved my wife from an assault when I was out of town several years ago.  I owe him a debt that I could never repay.

He came down with inoperable cancer last year, and I made the difficult decision of having him put down so that he could die with the dignity that he deserved.  I know that I'll see him again someday, but I still miss him terribly.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Our black lab, Shiner, was dumped when he was 4 weeks old.  My wife and son found him trotting through the grass on the side of the road.  None of the neighbors knew who he belonged to, which means, living in the country as we do, someone dumped him.  I didn't want to keep him as we'd just put down a dog we had for eight years.  That was very hard and since we are planning on moving back to the Northwest, I didn't want another dog.  As it turns out, he has been the most well-behaved, loves to play dog we've ever had.  Even as a pup, he didn't whine at night.  I think he ties with the beagle I had as a kid.  Lucky was my constant companion as I explored the surrounding hills, creeks and river.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 7:57:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Brutus, a black great dane, 180 lbs of heart. He was our protector, our night watchman, and my friend. Will miss him always.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Hayden   Golden Retriever  1997-Current
The most intelligent and loving animal I have ever been associated with.  Smart as a whip.  Easily trained too.  Taught him to get beers out of the fridge, its great during football season!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top