Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2001 5:03:11 PM EDT
[url]http://news.iwon.com/home/entertainment/entertain_article/0,2084,156932|entertainment|08-22-2001::17:10|reuters,00.html[/url]

[b]Angelina Jolie to Become U.N. Goodwill Ambassador[/b]
August 22, 2001 5:59 am EST
GENEVA (Reuters) - "Tomb Raider" star Angelina Jolie will be named United Nations goodwill ambassador next Monday, the U.N. refugee agency said on Wednesday.

The Hollywood bad girl best known for her portrayal of video game action queen Lara Croft has already visited refugee camps in Sierra Leone and Cambodia, where some of the scenes for "Tomb Raider" were shot, and is currently in Pakistan.

"She has a genuine interest in refugee issues and she is fantastically popular," said Kris Janowski, spokesman for the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees.

"The kind of people who find the U.N. boring -- young people and teenagers who are not interested in refugee issues -- adore Angelina Jolie," he said.

Jolie will be formally appointed at the agency's headquarters in Geneva on Monday.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I would do her,then leave.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally have nothing against this nutty (and admittedly hot) broad being our UN goodwill ambassador.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]
From the article -
"The kind of people who find the U.N. boring...adore Angelina Jolie," he said.
View Quote

He's quite right, you know. I find the UN to be incredibly boring, but I do adore Angelina Jolie!

Well, maybe not the 'inner' Angelina Jolie, but certainly the 'outer' Angelina Jolie.

Eric The(ActuallyJustAFewOfTheOuterParts,Really)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I find the UN to be incredibly boring, but I do adore Angelina Jolie!

Well, maybe not the 'inner' Angelina Jolie, but certainly the 'outer' Angelina Jolie.

View Quote

Well, I'm all for getting myself into a particular "inner" of Angelina Jolie, if ya smell what I'm cookin'...

[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/new jew.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe she'll wear her H&K shirt to the UN.  
Wet, preferably.

Norm
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Somebody needs to give her a fat lip.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I think her lips are already a little fat. Lets give her a fat head. Yeah !!! Wait a second...that doesn't make much sense. On second thought, lets just give her the evil eye.

Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#8]
[b]Henry Kissinger to Star in "Tomb Raider II"[/b]
August 22, 2001 9:59 pm EST
LOS ANGELES(Reuters) - Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger will star in the sequel to "Tomb Raider" next year, Paramount Pictures announced today.

The elder statesman best known for his Cold War strategy of detente has already visited shooting locations in Sierra Leone and Cambodia, where he directed a secret bombing campaign, and is currently in Hollywood.

"He has a genuine interest in mindless summer blockbusters and he is fantastically popular," said Serge Pimento, spokesman for Paramount.

"The kind of people who found "Tomb Raider" pathetic -- adults and male teenagers who are not obsessed with skanky, top-heavy celebrities -- adore Henry Kissinger," he said.

Kissinger will be digitally re-mastered by Industrial Light and Magic on Monday.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
...On second thought, lets just give her the evil eye.
View Quote

Did somebody say Eee-vil?

[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/evil_piccolo.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#10]
god damn u people know i need to watch my VCD copy of Tombraider agien

mhmmmm agelina jolie
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"The kind of people who find the U.N. boring -- young people and teenagers who are not interested in refugee issues -- adore Angelina Jolie," he said.

View Quote

Hmmmmm..... Looks like they took a marketing lesson from Phillip Morris.

By targeting the young, they will eventually win.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#12]
"High Commissioner"

Sounds like some crap form StarTrek!

F@#$%^&*&^$#%^&*(ing COMMIES!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 3:21:37 AM EDT
[#13]
What's the point with making fun of her?  Are we forgetting that both Mrs. Jolie and her husband Mr. Thorton both appear to be pro-gun?  Or at least I've never heard them say anything about being anti-gun.  I've certainly seen Mrs. Jolie in more than one gun t-shirt.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:44:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Look Texas, The UN is VERY anti-gun and never do a damn thing to help any one.
If she thinks it's a good thing to deal with a bunch like the UN and help them to use the poor refugees to try and make them look good, them she is just one left wing ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top