Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2001 9:42:42 PM EDT
This may be old news to alot of you guys but I just read an article posted in the D.A.V. Service Officer's waiting room at the V.A. Medical Center in Tucson.
The article was titled "John McCain is no war hero". The article was a fairly bad photocopy from the NILES DAILY STAR, Niles, Michigan(?) dated 25 February 1998. Alot of the article was not very legible, partly because of my eyes.
The article accused McCain of collaborating with the enemy to recieve better treatment during his six years in Vietnamese care.
It goes on to accuse him of trying to cover his ass by voting against any attempts to find MIA/POW's. Ther was more but I can't remember enough to say anymore.
If anyone can find this article, would you post it?
BTW it was an editorial.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 11:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this the article that you are talking about
[url]http://www.namvets.com/Reading/john_mccain_is_no_war_hero.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 12:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is another good article posted on free republic

[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a389debc16564.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:09:30 AM EDT
[#3]
he really is a despicable man, isn't he?  

and i'm ashamed to admit how naive i was to the POW/MIA concerns in this country.  i would never have guessed that the presumed MIAs were known POWs.  i guess i thought they were all presumed KIA.  of course, that's as McCain would have it, isn't it?  

can anybody direct me to some reading on that subject?
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm, this topic comes to life again!

It's too bad that the search feature only goes back 3 months!

There were several "McCainiacs" (those who staunchly supported McCain during the primaries)on this site.

I wonder where they are now that their "Manchurian Candidate" has shown his true colors? Do you guys still support McCain???!!

They are now taking Elmer Fudd's advice on the issue, "Be vewy, vewy, quiet"!  They hope all the crap they spouted about "the Great John McCain" will soon be forgotten!  

AINT'T THAT RIGHT mcgredo, RikWriter, et al.!!!!???  Pretty quiet NOW, aren't you???!!!!

DaMan    
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#5]
He had me fooled.
Sometime during the campaign, his brainwashing was turned on and he became a Dem in Repub clothing.
Thank god he didn't win the primaries he had to win.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#6]
 Over 1800 of our current "MIAs" were originally KIA, body not recovered.  The vast majority of those were Air Force & Navy pilots shot down over the north.  Airplane goes up in a ball of flame, no chutes, no beepers, no solid wreckage or it went into the water.

That they were changed to MIA was purely a political move.  It also changed the insurance payments to the widow/mother from a single death benefit to continuing paychecks.

Norm
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#7]
OK Arizona voters---www.recallmccain.org
About 350,000 signatures needed. There is a rally at the Mesa Hilton on Saturday. Please check website for details. Lets show this POS that he does have to account for his flip-flops.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm no McCain supporter, but this artcle was titled as an OPINION.  Don't believe everything you read.  I've seen documentories on McCain & the folks that were there with him before he became a canidate.  I think his politics SUCK now, but he has suffered far more than anyone on this site or that dude writing that article.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Sigh. As I said repeatedly at the time, I didn't support McCain for president. I just didn't like his being slandered.

Some of the people pushing these stories are bozos that were swindling people out of money to support bogus missing POW causes. McCain had some unkind words for them, and they've been pushing these stories since.

McCain's behavior in prison has been praised by at least two Medal of Honor winners who were also imprisoned and by other of his fellow prisoners.

Free newsflash for DaMan: I didn't support McCain for president. I repeat this only because you will, with tedious predictability, say I did.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:14:25 AM EDT
[#10]
BTW, see [url]http://www.miafacts.org/mccain.htm[/url] for a debunking of the attacks on McCain. See in particular [url]http://www.miafacts.org/prankster.htm[/url] for the background on the lunatic that is behind most of the charges, and James Stockdale's endorsement of McCain's behavior in prison at [url]http://www.miafacts.org/mccain_2.htm[/url].
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:16:14 AM EDT
[#11]
mcgredo, I'm impressed!  Three articles all from Joe Shlatter (mia.org).  And what would  you expect from someone who worked for the Govt. to prove no POWs/MIAs were left behind?  If there were MIA/POWs left behind, that would mean that Mr. Shlatter was a terrible failure and a liar!  Think he'll admit that?

But the MIA/POW issue is not the subject here.....  McCain's behavior and co-operation with his North Vietnamese captors is!  When you understand the extent of his "co-operation for preferential treatment", then it's easy to understand his current political views.

He is a "Manchurian Candidate"!      

If YOU choose to praise him for his behavior as a POW (really his only claim to fame in a lackluster military career), that's your business!

DaMan      
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 7:01:27 AM EDT
[#12]
This post went so far back that I haven't had time to look for ir, but yeah that is the article. I have never heard any of these accusations and I thought I was pretty well informed. That's what I get for thinking instead of knowing I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top