Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2001 2:55:00 PM EDT
What are the reputations of these companies?

I ordered some stuff from Tapco on saturday, got an email with an order # and link to their shipment tracking on sunday. I tried several times entering the info and it comes back "Sorry. We were unable to log you in with the information provided." Is this SOP with them?

I placed an order with Global by mail last week. I have had no experience with them, so what should I expect?
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have ordered from TAPCO on numerous occasions and have never had a problem.

As far a Global Trades goes, I have talked with the owner too many times to count at gun shows but, have never really bought anything from him except a couple of 20 rd AK mags.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Ordered from Tapco many times with no problem, the order ship takes a couple of days then the tracking info shows up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#5]
i have done buisness with both. no problems,
great service.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I've ordered from Tapco more than I've ordered from all other mail-order/Internet sites combined.  Until my last order, they usually got my order to my door the very next day, even though it's sent UPS ground.  In other words, they got the order boxed and sent in a matter of a few hours or minutes.  Also, their prices on most things are pretty good, and on a few items, very good.

Well, that was until my last order with them.  It has been a nightmare with them.  They charged my credit card two weeks ago, and they keep telling me it has shipped.  I don't believe it has, because they're refusing to give me a UPS tracking #.  I talked to a relative of mine who has a couple of friends that work there.  He said they had been very, very slack lately because the owner was out of town and combined with the fact that they've been sorting through truckloads of FAL parts the past couple of weeks, their customer service and order processing has been almost nonexistent for the past couple of weeks.  Well, Buddie is back in town and they're planning to get some of the FAL parts out this week, so their usual great customer service should return in a week or so.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I have ordered from Tapco in the past with good luck.  For a while I found they had the best deal out there on green followers.
They didn't seem to have any other great deals on AR parts.  Fair but not great.

I have been doing more business with them as I am into FAL's also.  I current have an open order for a L1A1 kit and G1 kit, both on back order.  If I don't hear from them by the end of next week on the status of these kits..............DSA will get my business.  Nothing personal, just don't want to be out in the cold when everyone else I know has already received theirs.

OSA
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I have never had a problem with either. i do prefer Global trades though for AK parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top