Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2001 10:24:41 AM EDT
I'm looking for a nice soft case to place and carry my new STG58A to the rifle range when I get the rifle.

I was wondering what is the best case to get I don't just want to go a pick up a Wal-mart case for a fine battle rifle like this and the hard cases I have found to be heavy to lug around to the 300yd range.

I'm looking for something that will keep it safe yet will not weight about a lot going out to the range. I'll have at lest 5 mags full 20 strip clips full with ammo a scope and a red dot sight to lug around . Thanks for the help.          
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, the best soft-ish case I have is the Galati King Case.  2" of closed cell foam, bunch of mag pockets, sturdy, looks good, etc, etc, etc.  I say soft-ish, because the foam doesn't want to bend easily.  Very nice, but a little more $$$ than others.  
I also have a number of AceCases.  These are quite suitable for most of my needs.  However, I don't think that many of the AceCases have seperate mage pockets, or they have one big pouch on the side perhaps.  

Lastly, check out the Bushmaster plastic sided hard case, it's not terribly heavy, and would probably fit a STG58.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#2]
The case I saw was from Kolpin called the space case. But I wount order from Sportsmans guide.

Exterior is weatherproof, washable ballistic nylon... with a heavy-duty rubber Rhino Rib™ panel surrounding the breech section. Oh, and the Case floats, too, should that become an issue
2 carry options: adjustable web straps for backpack style, or with the well-balanced wraparound handle
Removable accessory case, so it can be laid at your side. With Delrin quick-buckles and lockable zipper. Has 5 zippered inner pockets, some with mesh or clear window
Removable bipod case with quick-buckles
3 external mag pouches
Full-length, lockable #10 mil.-style nylon coil zipper
Fits scoped rifles. 47" long, 12" deep. Weighs 4 lbs., 13 ozs.
"The Mother of All Tactical Rifle Cases"... offering toughness and multi-functions every which way but loose

It looks like a nice case and what I need but I want to find out anyone but the sportsmans guide sells it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#4]
This is a Picture of the Hafner Case, Made in the USA. It is a Heavy Duty case, with plenty of pockets. It features about 2" or more of foam padding. I use these with all of my Match AR's. It is far superior to the King/Galati cases (IMHO). The zipper is on the top, and has straps for shoulder carry.
These are $65.00 ea.
GPSS
[url]www.georgiaprecision.com[/url]

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=984221&a=7366962&p=51871639[/img]

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=984221&a=7366962&p=51871640[/img]

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=984221&a=7366962&p=51871643[/img]

[img]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I will not order from sportsman guide do to that they will not send ammo to IL.There is no law agents them sending it they just won't.

I found the Space case at the kolpin web sight for $25 less them what sportsmans guide is selling them for it's under LE cases.Take a look they also have a review of the case on  [url]www.snipercountry.com[url] .

Take a look at this case I thing a lot of guy who are as anal about the safety of the rifle as I'm but hate to lug around the hard case well love this case.

The case sells for $75

[URL]www.kolpin.com[URL]

I'm going to get this dame URL thing right if it kills me.

Link Posted: 8/21/2001 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Eagle and Assault System are much higher quality than Galati. I have had all 3, and the Eagle and AS are sooooo much better made, feel better, and hold up better. They are not that much more expensive. Brigade Quarter Masters has Eagles at a really good price. My Sar48 (Fal) rides in an Eagle.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a blackhawk tactical nylon case same ones some of my buddys in the CQB have. One of the sturdiest cases i have ever felt "thick". drop them a line at 800-694-5263 or on the web www.blackhawkindustries.com
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Black Hawk is the best.
( Eagle is a close second)
Who else has a lifetime warrantee?
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#10]
HeHeHe...I have about 30 or so AWs and they're all in [b]Assault Systems bags[/b]!  I usually try to make that part of the deal when I buy a long gun.

And I always pick up used Assault Systems bags when I come across 'em at gun shows! Ordinarily I get 'em for around $25.00, damn well worth it!

Eric The(ThereAreProbablyBetterCases,ButSo?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Who has the best price on the blackhawk cases? I can't find anyone who has a good price on them .
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Congratulations on your new rifle. Did you get it from a local dealer? I'm in DuPage county. Were you able to get anything off of retail?
I've started to save up for a DSA several times, and always get about 2/3 there and then cave in and buy something else.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Congratulations on your new rifle. Did you get it from a local dealer? I'm in DuPage county. Were you able to get anything off of retail?
I've started to save up for a DSA several times, and always get about 2/3 there and then cave in and buy something else.
View Quote

I have not gotten it yet have to get my pay check this Friday. I'm just looking to get the little stuff done before my rifle get's here.

I'm only paying about $829 thats with the shipping and FFL fee and paying in total $1,040.00 thats for the rifle,the FFL,Shipping , 1000rd of ammo with shipping and A scope mount from DSA and 4 Mags from DSA.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't like the Aces. The "sling" strap is too thin (cheap webbing) and it bunches up around the hardware rather than lying flat on your shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#15]
i like my Koplin its very rugged and has a large detachable bag for accesories and also doubles as a shooting mat
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll have to second Tommy's vote for Hafner's.  They did a great job on a case for my Long Range rifle.

HoldHard
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Where have you seen the best prices for these cases. Where did you get them and how much are they.

1.Galati King Case
2.Hafner Case
3.Blackhawk case
4.Kolpin space case
5.Eagle
6."AR15.com" Galati Rifle Case(I know where to get this one.)

I'm looking for one that will be able to hold my mag's and other thing. I'm looking at all of them.(Even if they don't have a place to hold the mag's.)Thanks for the help.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There's a lot of gun cases out there to choose from, so just find what's right for you and go with it. I think most people stick with something they find to fit their needs and have had prior success with.

-- GB
View Quote

The only thing is all I have ever had was hard case for all my rifles and when they are not in the hard case they where in my old safe that I don't have any more.

Had to sell a few off so now only the shotgun is in there but I think selling a 30-06 bolt action and a Mini-14 for a STG58A was agood deal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#20]
BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top