Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2001 10:21:35 AM EDT
LIMA, Peru (Reuters) - A Peruvian man who last year sliced off his penis to draw attention to his jobless plight on Monday chopped off one of his testicles in front of the parliament building, police and hospital officials said.

"I'm doing all this to protest my lousy situation," Eduardo Veliz, 36, told doctors after his dramatic stunt.

Veliz, now a poorly paid laborer, hacked off his penis last September outside parliament after failing to meet the Congress head to ask for work. It was successfully reimplanted.

Witnesses said Veliz shouted at the door of Congress that he wanted to see Congress President Carlos Ferrero.

"When he couldn't see him, he got out a sharp knife and cut off his testicle," a policeman, who asked not to be named, told Reuters.

Firefighters rushed over to Veliz, who was bleeding heavily, and he was taken to a hospital where doctors said he suffered a "traumatic castration" of the right testicle.

"He's a laborer. Last year he was asking for work ... this time he wanted a pay rise because he says he earns a paltry wage," said Carlos Viera, spokesman at the Dos de Mayo hospital which treated Veliz on both occasions.

Peru's President Alejandro Toledo has pledged to create jobs and alleviate the suffering of more than half the nation's 26 million people who live in poverty.

Despite his mutilation, Viera said Veliz could still enjoy "a normal sex life."
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Man this guy has some ball's to do that!!! OOPS sorry he's got a ball to do that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#2]
There was this guy in prison who circumcised himself with a razor blade because he said god told him too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#3]
That dude's one nut short of a full sack! [whacko]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Wonder who paid for the pecker reimplant?  
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#5]
NUTS!
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Who didn't cringe while reading this thread?
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#7]
OK,
if I was the Peruvian President, I sure wouldn't want to see some guy who just cut his dick up....

Maybe this guy is in a "lousy situation" because he is [b]CRAZY!!![/B]. Duh!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top