Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2001 6:41:32 AM EDT
I'm sure everyone noticed it, especially when RBAD posted the information as it came across the wire, how the media jumped to the conclusion that guns were involved in yesterdays tragedy in California. I know that made everyone upset due to the fact that lives were lost and that it portrayed gun owners in a bad light, but listen to what I saw on the local news last night and this morning:

They were covering the story on the local CBS affiliate and the little image in the corner above the anchorperson was of California with an AK-47 superimposed over it. They never mentioned in the broadcast that guns were involved, just that the whole thing was a tragedy and how it should have never happened. Now, if I had not heard of the story before I saw it on the news I would assume that guns were involved due to the way that it was reported... Anyway, just wanted to rant for a minute with hopes that someone will get a finally get a clue....
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:45:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:49:41 AM EDT
[#2]
The media get a clue?   Never will happen, at least not for a long time.  It seems to me that the idea of a non-biased media is nothing more than a fond memory.  It seems, in my opinion, that the majority of the media today tends to diseminate information that backs up and supports the higher-ups beliefs, be it political, moral or whatever.

What really is frightening is how many people tend to take what is reported in the news as fact, and seem to swallow their tripe without question.  If anything, the majority of the media is not reporting news, but re-educating the weaker-willed and lazier individuals here.  (the reason that I state weaker-will and lazier is due to most people will not go out and find out more information about a news item that interests them, but will accept what the media puts forth as fact).

Personally, I believe that every news story should have the disclaimer - the information provided in this program may or may not be entirely truthful and has been influenced based upon the bias of the reporter, the newsteam, management, and the owners of the broadcast network.

Nah--- never would happen.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Wasn't one kid killed in the front of his house?

I saw some blood spatters on the front of a house.

If anyone saw the attack as it took place, they could have shot the Ukrainian dude and maybe saved the kid.

But of course, that person would probably end up being charged with some shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top