Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2001 1:58:54 PM EDT
anti's had a setback in his condition and is back in the hospital and scheduled for surgery again tomorrow morning.  Once again he's finding himself in need of the support of his friends.  He's complaining about it being too quiet, so if anyone wants to call him the direct line to his room is 480-342-0311.  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Line is busy, so that's a good thing.

Am trying to call him before I head for bed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got off the phone with Tim, must have disturbed him in his beauty sleep [;)]

His going back in at around 4.30, I take that's PM and not AM. So keep the guy in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just got off the phone with Tim, must have disturbed him in his beauty sleep [;)]

Kuiper
View Quote

That man is going to need a couple of Years of it to get normal looking!!

Good luck Anti, you are a good man!
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got of the phone with Tim and although in much pain, he's very hopefull.

I visited him and Cathy Sunday morning and he was looking pretty good. But I know these things can take time. Our prayers go out to you and Cathy.

God Bless Brother!!!

Edited to say surgery is 4:30 PM
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#7]
pain? what pain? heheh! i just off the horn with tim and i think the demerol has kicked in!

we talked about...what else?...road bikes! tim is fired up to get a road racing bike and we talked tech stuff. hope i took his mind off his worries.

as a veteran of 7 polio surguries, 1 bowel resection and all the usual minor operations, i can empathize with where his head's at.

anyway, he was upbeat and looking forward to going home.

the procedure (listen to me! "procedure"? jeez!) he's going to have sounds pretty routine. knowing tim...he'll be telling the doctors how to do it!

he appreciates the contact from his friends here on the board. give him a ring and help him pass those long, boring hours!
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 5:41:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I know that we wouldn't to publish Tim's address - so is there another way that we could send him cards & such to show our support?

Tyler
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know that we wouldn't to publish Tim's address - so is there another way that we could send him cards & such to show our support?

Tyler
View Quote

I talked with Tim this morning and he suggested that any cards and such be sent to Castle Arms.

401 South Front St.
Quincy Illinois  62301

He says Thanks to All !!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Ya beat me to it M1A!

Line has been busy every time I tried.

If anybody else speaks to him, remind him I have an 800#!  

Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I talked with Tim this morning and he suggested that any cards and such be sent to Castle Arms.

401 South Front St.
Quincy Illinois  62301

He says Thanks to All !!!
View Quote

I talked with him last evening; he was doing well but a bit ...relaxed.  My guess was that the Demerol was flowing freely.  [:D]  

Of all the people out there...  And Tim is the one who gets this sh*t tossed at him.  I hope he can make it to the Labor Day Ill. shoot, but he didn't know if it would be possible for him to do so.

Good luck, Tim!

Mike
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Good luck to him.  I thought I had bugged my surgery up this past week, so I know a little bit of how much a pain (literally and physically) it is do have to go in again.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I have to get some blood drawn and piss in a cup as part of a life insurance physical on Sat. morning.  

I am not very fond of needles and would appreciate any calls of support.

[moon]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Just talked to Tim, the docs decided that the operation was not required.As I spokle to him the nurse brought in his discharge paperwork for him to sign. He is feeling much better & wanted me to let everyone know that is going to be spending the next few days at his parents house in Phoniex. The number there is 480-563-0560
Echo6
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like good news.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just talked to Tim, the docs decided that the operation was not required.As I spokle to him the nurse brought in his discharge paperwork for him to sign. He is feeling much better & wanted me to let everyone know that is going to be spending the next few days at his parents house in Phoniex. The number there is 480-563-0560
Echo6
View Quote

Strange...  [?]  But, GREAT news nonetheless!  Maybe this means that there'll be no new surgery in 6 weeks to un-do what they were going to do today.

I hope that this is the beginning of the end of his troubles.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#17]
"OPERATION NOT REQUIRED"

Now that's the kind of new I like to hear !!

Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:22:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Anti: Why don't they just put a zipper in? Feel better soon.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Or at least "Velcro!"  Good luck on a speedy recovery!!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm at my folks right now and will be flying home to Illinois tomorrow morning.

When I was first released from the hospital on Friday, I commented to the nurses that I was afraid that I was being released to soon, and hoped there would be no problems with the drainage tube being removed so soon...  I was obviously right, as on Sunday ([i]not long after M1A-A1 visited with us[/i]), my abdoman began filling with fluid, moving around, and causing swelling and severe pain.  We called the docs and were told this was somewhat routine, but to watch the signs cautiously.

I ended up in the emergency room at roughly 1:15am Monday morning with the worst pains I've ever experienced through this whole 3 year mess.  2 large doses of injected Dilatin ([i]?[/i]) relaxed me quite a bit, but barely cut the pain.  CT-Scans revealed that the problem with my kidney was still very much there, and only "appeared" to have 50% corrected.

So they hook up more IV's, draw more blood, shoot me up some more, and check me back in to a room so the whole process can begin again...  My doctor comes in to visit me around 7:00am and says that the ER docs read the CT-Scans wrong, and that what they saw was actually just scar tissue from the procedure that was performed last Wednesday.  He informed me that the pain I was encountering was due to excessive swelling that was not anticipated, but could be eliminated by going back in and placing a stint in my kidney for 6 weeks. "We'll do this tomorrow afternoon", he says.

Tuesday morning my doc comes back and says he'll make the final decision by 12:00noon as to whether we should go on as scheduled with the surgery, or not.  Now mind you, I have been on yet another 12 hour pre-surgical food restriction! 12 noon comes, and I haven't heard a thing, so I'm all prepared to get hacked on again, and change my TWA flight schedule due to emergency medical circumstances.  At 2:30pm, the nurse says my doc just called her and said that since I hadn't had any noticeable pain in the past 24 hours, we're out of the woods, and to send me home.

Except for the obvious minor irratition around the incision sites, I have been completely pain free since late Monday afternoon... So tomorrow morning, we fly home to Illinois!
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#21]
i'm glad you are feeling better! rest up, then get yourself over to the ak side of the board...we'll talk road bikes!
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#22]
The Sherpa returns!
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Hang in there antiUSSA.

We're all pullin' fer ya.

garandman
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Grin&Barrett:
The Sherpa returns!
View Quote

It's BITCH to you!
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Tim,

I've been off board a while and haven't been keeping up.  Hope you're doing well.  Gunnutt jr says "hi" too.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#28]
You better get well soon, 'cause now that I'm in Missoura, I want to come up and meet you and G&B.

Besides, I have to go to Barry, to check on my baby at Jim's shop.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:48:14 AM EDT
[#29]
It's good to hear that you are feeling better.  I'm not a heavy poster here, but a daily visitor, and I'm glad to hear that you are doing well.  

Wishing you a speedy recovery
wannabe
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:49:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Glad to hear things are going good for you Tim, Now get back to Work!!!!! 2002 is just around the corner you know. Seriously, the news is great and looking forward to having you back on the board full time.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Grin&Barrett:
The Sherpa returns!
View Quote

It's BITCH to you!
View Quote

So they did a hysterectomy too? [:)]
View Quote

So which gender did he end up as?[:D]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Sorry your stay here in Phoenix didn't go over so well...and it looks like it wasn't just the heat either.  Hope you're feeling better.

- Robbie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top