Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2001 1:21:00 PM EDT
My wife frequents a chat room that doesn't like her much. she [B]TROLLS[/B] a little but not much and only if people start crap with her first. Yet there is an admin that doesn't like her and bans her for "abuse" just to be an ass. she can get back on the room by deleting the cookies in the temp inter file folder. we tried a cookie catcher to keep from getting the banning cookie but it didn't work. so I have a two part question. and please no morals here I'm not asking about what the RIGHT thing to do here is my wife will go to the site regardless of what I tell her so I want to help her.

1. are their any programs that will keep her from getting banned
2. Is it legal/illegal to use such a program

no the chat room is not an AOL or Yahoo Chat. its an independently owned chat room.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Whoever is an op is basically GOD.  

Cookies?  It sounds like it might be a java type of chat room.  I'm not too knowlegable about those.  If it is an IRC type chat (MIRC) then you can try to change your ident and nickname and that will probably mask her identy.  If your ISP uses DHCP you can try to get a different IP also.

That might work.

Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Whoever is an op is basically GOD.  

Cookies?  It sounds like it might be a java type of chat room.  I'm not too knowlegable about those.  If it is an IRC type chat (MIRC) then you can try to change your ident and nickname and that will probably mask her identy.  If your ISP uses DHCP you can try to get a different IP also.

That might work.

View Quote

not an IRC and my IP changes with each log on
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top