Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2001 1:18:23 PM EDT
I'm looking at a red dot scope for my new STG58A that I'm getting and I want to know what one you guy's think is the best buy?

1.C-more
2.AMT ultra sight
3.Holosight

Or are there better ones this this on the market? Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Get an Aimpoint M2 or ML2.
The best.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#3]
IMO, there is NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING in this world like a Holosight....

Have you ever looked through one??

Once you do, you will understand. I have one on my 12 Ga Defense gun, my AR, and one on my .22 Target pistol, if that tells you how versatile they are. Once I bought my first one, and tried it, I went out and got 2 more. They are just THAT innovative of a sight.

Other than that, I give the nod to OKO's.
I know 2 guys who have them, all with 100% satasfaction.
Bear in mind, heads up "open air" sighting systems (AMT, C-More, Holosight, OKO) are more fragile than Tube sights.
Major's endorsement of the Aimpoint is right on the money as far as "best" goes for that particular sighting system.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/GU/ZL/pg/hl22937.jpg[/img]

Here's the Holosight on my 18" 870P ...
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]
How much are the

OKO
Holosight
Aimpoints

The holosight that I saw was $220
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the OKO's.  I have one mounted on my 9mm Oly upper and took it out to sight it in.  Fired 3 rounds to see if grouping right and impact point.  I made one adjustment and was right on the money and have been since then.  The dealer price for the OKO from Brownells is $150.  Retail from Cavalry Arms is about $200.  I have read that some have had problems with the C More and the Holoscope.  There were some reviews somewhere that said that.  I have heard good things from others about the Holoscope though.  I have an OKO on my dedicated .22 upper and also mounted one on a suppressed 10/22 for "animal control."  I am very happy with the OKO on each one.

Charles Tatum
Alamo Professional Arms
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#7]
OKO's are very good. I use one on several rifles. I would recomend it completely.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I have only heard one thing about the AMT and that was that there ugly to look at but there built like a tank and there great sights. I don't know if that is true or not.At $169 for these sights I'd like to know.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd go with the double AA battery version of the EO TECH. The AA version works in colder weather than the other EO TECHS plus lasts longer. It is longer too though. I went with the EO TECH because its mil-spec tough, submersible, parallax free, and the dot covers about 1 moa making it better in my opinion for longer more precise shots. Plus it has a built in picatinny clamp that they claim can return within 1 moa. Although if I was going to take it off alot I'd buy a ARMS quick release weaver type base. I love the EO TECH but I never tried a reflex or aimpoint so take it for what its worth.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 5:11:27 AM EDT
[#11]
btt
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Of the ones you've listed, the Holosight would be my first choice.  However, I am very happy with my OKO.  If you call Sean at Cavalry Arms he will give you a discount if you mention you are an AR15 forum member.

I would also consider an Aimpoint and a Reflex II in the selection process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top