Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2001 9:22:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#1]
The Colibri shoots a 20gr. lead bullet at 375fps according to Aguila's web site.  The Super Colibri shoots the same bullet at 500fps.  Both are primer powered and have no additional propellent.

There is a warning advising to use these only in pistols because they might become lodged in longer barrels.  I'd use the Super Colibri, if I were using these in a rifle.

[url]http://www.aguilaammo.com[/url]

DaMan

Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I am a big fan of the super colibri.  It is as quiet as can be and accurate out of my marlin bolt action.  There is no need to mess with the (regular) colibri if you are shooting a rifle.  

In any event, the loading is so light that I don't think there is much danger of a gun blowing up if a bullet got stuck in the chamber.

Super colibri is absolute murder on squirrels within 25 yards.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.aguilaammo.com/supercolibri.htm[/url]

The Super Colibris cost $29.00 a brick of 500.

The Colibris cost $24.50 a brick of 500.

DaMan

Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I put up another post on Colibri's yesterday or day before here, check it out. I shoot both Colibri's out of my Rem. 514 single shot. Every round has cleared the barrel for me. I have been shooting these in my garage at my airgun putty-filled pellet stop with a plywood backstop for strays. At about 20 ft. the bullets are stopped dead in their tracks by the electrician's duct seal I have in there. There's less noise than any of my airguns (mainly due to the spring noise of the guns). I'd have no hesitation in shooting something in the backyard. I have a field beyond my back fence, and the house sits on a larger-than-normal lot.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#5]
These are great little rounds.  Be aware that they are greatly affected by wind when fired outdoors.

And be sure to have proper ventilation when firing them in an enclosed area.  They aren't as bad as firing lead bullets from a .38 revolver, but they still leave some lead residue in the air.

I love these little bullets! The Super Colibri are a bit more accurate in the guns use them in and have a bit more "knockdown power" on vermin.

DaMan

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top